• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XCode 5.1 updated and now I can't debug AIR apps on iOS Simulator anymore

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2014 Mar 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today XCode updated itself to version 5.1, with new iOS 7.1 platform support. It updated itself without asking permission, and now I can't run my AIR apps on the iOS simulator anymore. All my apps fail with the following error:

'Launching [myApplication]' has encountered a problem.

Error occurred while installing the application:

dyld: Library not loaded: @rpath/iPhoneSimulatorRemoteClient.framework/Versions/A/iPhoneSimulatorRemoteClient

Referenced from: /Applications/AIR_SDKS/AIRSDK_4.0.0.1628/lib/aot/bin/isb/isb

Reason: image not found

/var/folders/g1/014r026919j9fkv085ypt31r0000gn/T/cmd7720052456329253213.tmp: line 1:  2126 Trace/BPT trap: 5       "/Applications/AIR_SDKS/AIRSDK_4.0.0.1628/lib/aot/bin/isb/isb" "-install" "-apppath" "/var/folders/g1/014r026919j9fkv085ypt31r0000gn/T/eb03981d-5689-4bb5-821c-78ca84086393/Payload/[myApplication].app" "-sdkpath" "/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator7.1.sdk"

I use AIR SDK 4.0.1628 (the latest version according to the SDK download page today), and it doesn't make a difference if I choose another simulator version (7.0 and 6.1 fail the same way).

I'm developing in Flash Builder 4.7, on OS X 10.9.2

Any ideas of how to fix this? Will using the AIR 13 beta help?

Thanks, Frank

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2014 Mar 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not working for me, how did you make it work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to new sdk and vuolá

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will it be ok to use a beta product to publish apps? I thought you werent supposed to publish final products using this build.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It used to be that way, there was even a watermark. But given that quite often you have to use a beta to comply with the App Store requirements, Adobe say it’s ok to submit with a beta. I think they also recommend doing an update to the app when the next release version comes out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2014 Apr 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got an email about a post saying it was fixed but the post was deleted. I geuss they are still having trouble?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 11, 2014 Apr 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Sorry for delay in response, the Flash Professional CC issue (the iOS Simulator option being disabled) is reproducible at our end and issue lies with the Flash Professional IDE. Our Flash Pro team is working on the fix and it would be available soon.

Thanks,

Nimisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 14, 2014 Apr 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear that.

So the only solution at this point is to roll back to XCode 5.0 ...

Easier said than done!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2014 Apr 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive updated to the official AIR SDK 13 release but the option to test on iOS Simulator is still disabled. When can we expect a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 16, 2014 Apr 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nimisha mentioned that the problem is in Flash Pro, and that it’s being worked on. I don’t know what the release date is for the next version of Flash Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2014 Mar 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem with this is that the iPhoneSimulatorRemoteClient.framework is not in the 7.1 SDK. I havent figured out if it exists and is in a different location or not yet, but Ive been struggling with the same problem. I think the answer for now might be removing XCode 5.1 and rolling back to 5.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 12, 2014 Mar 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see that other tools are having the same issue, and a fix is needed in the tool. Hopefully that is true for Flash too:

http://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/14568/xcode-5-1-could-not-load-the-simulator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2014 Mar 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone got a proper answer yet?

I'm having the same issue, tried with Apache SDK too, no luck...

If someone succeeded, please provide us the steps you made to make it work.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2014 Mar 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the same error . Compilation runs. But when trying to use -installApp , i get this error.  I had upgraded to xcode 5.1 yesterday. Using AIR 13 and downloaded the latest AIR SDK. But the error remains the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2014 Apr 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news? I am still not able to test my apps in the simulator, which limits the testing cycle to just a couple of devices. I tried Air 13.0.0.76 and Flash CC. Some said it worked, but not for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2014 Apr 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've downloaded 13.0.83 and have both xCode 5.0 and 5.1 installed.  Regardless of which SDK / Simulator I target, the iOS Simulator always launches in iPhone Retina Hardware configuration.  I have iPad set as the device I want to simulate in the Project properties and on the simulator have Hardware > Device > iPad selected.  But each time I debug from FB, the Simulator switches back to iPhone Retina.  Anyone else have this issue? It's incredibly annoying and make it impossible to debug via the iOS Simulator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you targeting to run on Xcode 5.1 simulator?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simulator SDK's Location: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs

Which is targeting my xCode 5.1 install and launching the 7.1 simulator...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, I know, but it doesnt work. How do you "target" Xcode 5.1 opposed to 5.0? I have 5.1 installed with the correct path and it will not work. Are you using Flash Profession CC or Flash Builder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Flash Pro CS6, I

1. Downgraded to XCode 5.0.2 (released last November),
  2. Switched the Project Target to AIR 4.0.0.1628 or AIR 3.9.0.1380, and
  3. Was able to get the iOS simulator 7.0 (463.9.4.2) to open up on:  Control > Test Movie > On iOS Simulator

What it would not do was actually install and run the app.

As others have noted, when using AIR 13.0.0.88, the option for On iOS Simulator remains grayed out.

Has anyone been able to find a way around this?  It worked perfectly as recently as the end of January to my knowledge ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 01, 2014 May 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried it with the new AIR 14.  Still doesn't work. And it is NOT EVEN LISTED as a bug in the Release Notes.  But this is:

Bug 3727274: Not able to debug AIR app in iOS Simulator from Flash Builder when Xcode below 5.x is installed.

So I am going to try reinstalling XCode 5.1 and use AIR 14 and see if that helps ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 05, 2014 May 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone....

So ... anyone can use Xcode IOS simulator 7.1 (Xcode 5.1)  with flash "professional" ?

I tried air 4 and air 13 without success..

Air 4 can´t launch the debug... air 13 can´t even click on the option...

As i read on this post.... it was noticed a long time ago... Developers still can´t use it ?

Can anyone give me a solution//configuration to run ipad retina simulator with flash professional ?

It start to feel so many obstacles to get it workin... cmon adobe... We support you !

Support US !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 06, 2014 May 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you working on a Mac or PC? I think I saw a similar post where you were working on a PC. If that's the case then, the Xcode iOS Simulator only comes in an install of Xcode which is an Apple-only Mac IDE.

There are web-based simulators, but they really only work to test websites on iOS, not full iOS apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work mainly on win7 machine and thats why i made that question In other thread.

I Want to be able to do that on windows...

I Work on a Mac too, and thats why i following here...

i Cant get it working with Xcode 5.1 ... neither with air 4, 13 or 14 ...

i only get it working if i use Xcode 5.0 and use air 4. Thats the only configuration i get it workin on Mac.

also, another question is that my monitor is not retina, i get the size i want , but not dpi. I dont know yet how it Will really show on ipad retina...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same results. We can only wait for Adobe to update Flash Pro CC.

I am starting a new app and will be building it in Flash Builder 4.7 until they fix Flash Pro CC ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my experience as long as you get the correct dimensions, you will be okay WRT retina.  But there may be exceptions depending on the details of your graphics ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines