• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

“Your binary is not optimized for iPhone 5” (ITMS-90096) when submitting

Explorer ,
Dec 02, 2015 Dec 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is very frustrating. I have created an ios app, and I am trying to publish to ios app store with application loader. The problem is that I keep getting this error:

Screen Shot 2015-12-02 at 12.54.53 PM.png

I have tried to look this up of course, but the answers form others don't help me at all. I am using AIR 4.14 and publishing from Intellij Idea.

In both my root project folder and src folder I have these two images files, size 640x1136: Default-568@2x.png and Default-568h@2x~iphone.png

I have tried a ton of variations and different image names, but I am completely lost now. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 05, 2015 Dec 05, 2015

HUZZZAAAHHHH!!!

It seems that my mistake was not with the AIR version, but with Intellij IDE. It is not enough to simply have the images in the root folder of src folder. You also have to specify them in the "Files and folders to package" area on the IOS tab for the module you are working with (in the Project Structure window).

Project_Structure.png

The application loader accepted my ipa, and it's all good now.

It was tough, but we did it! Thanks for your help along the way, Colin. Without you, I might still be crying

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you unzip the IPA file and look inside the .app file, do you see the Default-568h@2x.png there? I don't know Flash Builder or Eclipse enough to know how you embed images, but the error message is suggesting that the image isn't there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

When I rename the ipa file to .zip and open it I do see both Default-568@2x.png and Default-568h@2x~iphone.png in the rot folder.

I don't see a src folder in the unipped ipa. Should I? I do see everything else in the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also not mentioning these images at all in the descriptor xml. I believe there is nothing to put in the xml for those startup images so please correct me if I'm wrong on that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you unzipped it, you would have a Payload folder. Just to confirm, you still had to go into the .app file Show Package Contents before you saw the images?

You are correct about those images, they don't need to be mentioned in the app descriptor XML.

That image being there is the only thing that is needed to make the app support iPhone 5, and any version of AIR, 3.5 or later, should be able to make an IPA correctly.

Just thought of something else, another requirement of the App Store is that you support 64 bit, and AIR 4 certainly didn't do that. You would need one of the later version 16 builds, and so you might as well use AIR 19. It could be that in the 7 major version releases since AIR 4 that something was fixed to do with iPhone 5 support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure that was just a typo, and he does have the ~iphone variation in there too. But you never know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2015 Dec 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was just a typo in the forum post. My image is named Default-568h@2x.png

I was originally using Flex 4.14.1

Then I changed to 4.11.0 and the adl debugger would not even start. Which one are you recommending I should use?

Thanks, I'm close

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 03, 2015 Dec 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it a Flex project or ActionScript? Which version of AIR are you using? If it is a Flex project, make sure you're using the special Flex download link in this page:

Download Adobe AIR SDK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2015 Dec 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a pure actionscript project (starling), not flex.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of AIR are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AIR version 16. What version should I be using?
Screen Shot 2015-12-04 at 1.22.29 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You needed to be on at least 16.0.0.283, so you're just safe. I would still use the AIR 19 I linked to above, there could have been other useful fixes in the 23 months since the one you're using was released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. Well, after trying a lot of things I am still stuck. I downloaded the air sdk from the link you posted and set that in my IDE to AIR 19.

Project_Structure.png

Doing this broke the gestouch library I was using. Eventually, I ended up taking our the feature using gestouch just so I could build the project. Then when I built the project and made the ipa I tried to put it through application loader. Not only did it give me that same error, but it gave me the errors for the icons again... and I already added the icon files...

Deliver_Your_App.png

Why is this happening to me?     

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the 'fx' in your screenshot mean anything? When I said to use the lower link in that page, that was before you told me it wasn't a Flex project. You did take the regular SDK?

Not important right now, but just so you know, the file too large error always happens, and doesn't affect the app submission.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2015 Dec 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The lower link says, "Flex users will need to download the original AIR SDK without the new compiler."

I clicked the big yellow button under Mac OS X, English.

So does AIR 19 not work, either?

How is anyone else making ios apps with Adobe AIR??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HUZZZAAAHHHH!!!

It seems that my mistake was not with the AIR version, but with Intellij IDE. It is not enough to simply have the images in the root folder of src folder. You also have to specify them in the "Files and folders to package" area on the IOS tab for the module you are working with (in the Project Structure window).

Project_Structure.png

The application loader accepted my ipa, and it's all good now.

It was tough, but we did it! Thanks for your help along the way, Colin. Without you, I might still be crying in fetal position in a dusty corner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that dubious mental picture...

BTW, many of us use Flash Pro (soon to be renamed Adobe Animate CC) to build apps. The publishing settings has clear areas for where you set the icons, and where you add the splash screen images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah yes , I see what you mean. I use Flash Pro all the time, but for coding and publishing (especially starling) I prefer Intellij.

I didn't know it was going to be renamed. That's funny but not too surprising.

I see what you mean though when you go to Publish settings, change it to AIR, and click the wrench button it shows you what sizes it wants for ios.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the riddle of the app:

Riddle:

I am JHD, I am 10 times 10, which is 4 (John) times 5 (Henry) square, thus

finally I am hundred, I am a family, I am a century and I am a dean judge,

a judge of 10, a judge of the years forty, a judge of 40 years, a judge of

John, John the Baptist, the lead architect of Christianity.

In the Roman Empire the task of John the Baptist was defined by 3 bonded

men supported by 1 woman (Cleopatra VII) in 40 (BC). From the first plans

to the founding stone of the first church (building) it took 62 years.

To accomplish his task John needed the high noon (south), the best

(possible) 12 (workers) in his world, a team leader like a (new) jesus

(human) of Nazareth and 12 outstanding apostles. All those apostles had

their roots in Berenike (IV).

The jesus of Nazareth was an extraordinary worker (of mind) outperforming

all expectations, thus to find sufficient (initial) conscience for the

(new) church was accomplished a lot ahead of (calculated) time which was 40

years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the encoding of the script:

The versatility of human language is often rather limited. To achieve more

breadth in this book I use sometimes a special writing style with

parentheses. This way the richness of semantics is raised therefore a

sentence whether words in parentheses are included or not may or replace

preceding words yield different meanings.

E.g. later it is explained: “A humane god was always once (a) human, too.”

This has three equally important meanings:

1. A humane god was always once a human, too.

2. A humane god was always once human, too.

3. A humane god was always a human, too.

On Sat, Dec 5, 2015 at 11:36 AM, Henning Dierolf <henning@devarai.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines