• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Install Adobe AIR - Need Admin Permission.

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2012 Apr 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't install Adobe AIR on my Windows XP as it the error message says I need to contact the administrator.

RE:

"An error occurred while installing Adobe AIR. Installation may not be allowed by your administrator. Please contact your administrator."

I am the owner of my PC so the amin should be myself but do not know how to do this.

I tried the right-click on the Adobe icon on my desktop to access the admin log in, but I am unable to do this as it won't accept any passwords I entered.

I need to by-pass the admin or find a way to access my admin. I think I read somewhere that Adobe may have an apllication for this but could not find it.

Anyone have any idea how to get this application running on my PC?

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 09, 2012 Apr 09, 2012

I'm sorry you're running into installation issues with AIR.  Microsoft has just released a new utility that can help resolve installation problems.  Would you mind giving this a try and let us know how it works for you?  When running the Fix it, go through the uninstall process and try to remove Adobe AIR from your system.  Once finished, download the latest version of AIR and install again.

Microsoft Install and Uninstall Fix It

If you still encounter problems, we'll need to review the AIR instal

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry you're running into installation issues with AIR.  Microsoft has just released a new utility that can help resolve installation problems.  Would you mind giving this a try and let us know how it works for you?  When running the Fix it, go through the uninstall process and try to remove Adobe AIR from your system.  Once finished, download the latest version of AIR and install again.

Microsoft Install and Uninstall Fix It

If you still encounter problems, we'll need to review the AIR installer log to better diagnose the issue.  Please post back with the log contents.  You can find instructions for finding these logs here:

AIR Installer Log Instructions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

Wow! That worked like magic!

Thank you so much for your help, it was very frustrating trying to find a simple soloution on the net.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent, thanks for letting me know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2013 Feb 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did use Microsoft Fix-It but it did not help my issue. The log was deleted while I was going through it but I remember it said that it could not install Adobe AIR due to error code 3001

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 19, 2012 Apr 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use microsoft fix it for windows 7.

It will work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2013 Feb 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use account ADMINISTRATOR to install Adobe Air

I've enabled the account ADMINISTRATOR first via

net user administrator /active:yes

I was using administrator equivalent account first and could not install Adobe Air

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2015 Feb 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how to to do it ? i have pc

when try to download adobe air it says :An error occurred while installing Adobe AIR. Installation may not be allowed by your administrator. Please contact your administrator.

i tried micro fix it but it is not work. normally my adobe air worked but since 2 month i cant download any software based on adobe air.  so i uninstalled adobe air.  now i cant even download adobe air it salef

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2015 Feb 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is some one can help me?????????????

when try to download adobe air it says :An error occurred while installing Adobe AIR. Installation may not be allowed by your administrator. Please contact your administrator.

i tried micro fix it but it is not work. normally my adobe air worked but since 2 month i cant download any software based on adobe air.  so i uninstalled adobe air.  now i cant even download adobe air it salef

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2015 Sep 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this problem for a week now and finally found a fix. Try running the Adobe air installer in windows service pack 3 or any of the other compatibility types

Right-click the installer. Click the compatibility tab. Then choose windows service pack 3, and select the check box.

I finally tried that after a week of tinkering with other solutions, but this was the ultimate fix for it.

I hope this helps someone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2016 Apr 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue on windows 10.

Microsoft Fix it option didn't work as it's not compatible with Windows 10.

I end up having to run all the updates in compatibility mode using Windows 8 mode + run as administrator for options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2016 May 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Community,

for the very first time in my life I'm experiencing serious problems when trying to install on a MicroSoft Windows 7 SP 1 Ultimate fully patched (at May 24th, 2016) the latest regular or beta releases of Adobe AIR.

I tried to install them from the Admin user with Admin privileges: I got the reply I should contact the Admin (?)

Then, I entered the Windows in Secure mode, from the Admin user with Admin privileges and got the same reply.

I tried the MicroSoft FixIt workaround but the file wont download: tried many times on both Windows 7 Ultimate SP 1 and Windows 8.1 Professional Fully patched.

The online alternative didnt detect anything at all.

Sincerely I don't know what else I should do in order to have the Adobe AIR installed on that Windows.

Previously I had to use the GWX Control Panel to avoid Windows 10 be installed over Windows 7 (that laptop didnt support Windows 8.1 so I dont wanna try with Windows 10); is it possible that the GWX software has somehow modified some Windows DLL blocking me from installing Adobe AIR?

I had no problems at all installing the latest beta release of Flash Player.

Waiting for some answer I remain.

Yours sincerely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having trouble with the loading of Adobe Air with Windows 10.  After reading all the different solutions and issues.  I finally was able to come up with a solution.  Once Adobe Air gives this message close the installer and go to your download file and locate AdobeAIRInstaller.exe Right mouse click and select Run as Administror. This will install the program.  I hope this works for you all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Man, you just saved my life THANKS!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cjunicorn,  Your idea was the best and the easiest on the whole page.   You saved me a TON of time!  Your idea worked for me, as well!   THANKS!

--George Stancliffe, author of SPEED READING 4 KIDS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unfortunately this solution did not work for me. Do you know anything else? ive tried different compatibility settings and it still would not work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm facing the same problem...tried everything, no luck.

Turns out there's a problem with my MSI file....

As mentioned o the Troubleshoot page:

https://helpx.adobe.com/air/kb/troubleshoot-air-installation-windows.html#main_download

"In some situations, the Adobe AIR installer fails during the MSI portion of the install. You can determine if the installer failed by searching the Install.log text for "Error occurred during msi install operation."  If you find this text, enable and locate the MSI log using the  Microsoft document How to enable Windows Installer logging.  Once MSI logging is enabled, rerun the Adobe AIR Installer to generate the MSI Log. Include the MSI log along with the Adobe AIR Install.log when you report the install issue."

Below is my log file.....though I cannot seem to find the MSI log, though I have edited registry to enable MSI logging.

Kindly guide me further.

LOG:

[2020-05-01:06:27:21] Runtime Installer begin with version 32.0.0.125 on Windows 7 x86
[2020-05-01:06:27:21] Commandline is:
[2020-05-01:06:27:21] No installed runtime detected
[2020-05-01:06:27:28] Relaunching with elevation
[2020-05-01:06:27:28] Launching subprocess with commandline c:\users\masuda\appdata\local\temp\air473e.tmp\adobe air installer.exe -ei
[2020-05-01:06:27:28] Runtime Installer begin with version 32.0.0.125 on Windows 7 x86
[2020-05-01:06:27:28] Commandline is: -stdio \\.\pipe\AIR_8820_0 -ei
[2020-05-01:06:27:28] No installed runtime detected
[2020-05-01:06:27:29] Starting silent runtime install. Installing runtime version 32.0.0.125
[2020-05-01:06:27:30] Installing msi at c:\users\masuda\appdata\local\temp\air473e.tmp\setup.msi with guid {10E33ABF-D7FB-4F47-900A-7973854AB45A}
[2020-05-01:06:27:34] Error occurred during msi install operation; beginning rollback: [ErrorEvent type="error" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="1603" errorID=0]
[2020-05-01:06:27:34] Rolling back install of c:\users\masuda\appdata\local\temp\air473e.tmp\setup.msi
[2020-05-01:06:27:34] Rollback complete
[2020-05-01:06:27:34] Exiting due to error: [ErrorEvent type="error" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="1603" errorID=0]
[2020-05-01:06:27:34] Exiting due to error: [ErrorEvent type="error" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="1603" errorID=0]
[2020-05-01:06:27:34] Runtime Installer end with exit code 7
[2020-05-01:06:27:37] Runtime Installer end with exit code 7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines