Highlighted

Can't Install Adobe AIR - Need Admin Permission.

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't install Adobe AIR on my Windows XP as it the error message says I need to contact the administrator.

RE:

"An error occurred while installing Adobe AIR. Installation may not be allowed by your administrator. Please contact your administrator."

I am the owner of my PC so the amin should be myself but do not know how to do this.

I tried the right-click on the Adobe icon on my desktop to access the admin log in, but I am unable to do this as it won't accept any passwords I entered.

I need to by-pass the admin or find a way to access my admin. I think I read somewhere that Adobe may have an apllication for this but could not find it.

Anyone have any idea how to get this application running on my PC?

I'm sorry you're running into installation issues with AIR.  Microsoft has just released a new utility that can help resolve installation problems.  Would you mind giving this a try and let us know how it works for you?  When running the Fix it, go through the uninstall process and try to remove Adobe AIR from your system.  Once finished, download the latest version of AIR and install again.

Microsoft Install and Uninstall Fix It

If you still encounter problems, we'll need to review the AIR installer log to better diagnose the issue.  Please post back with the log contents.  You can find instructions for finding these logs here:

AIR Installer Log Instructions

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can't Install Adobe AIR - Need Admin Permission.

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't install Adobe AIR on my Windows XP as it the error message says I need to contact the administrator.

RE:

"An error occurred while installing Adobe AIR. Installation may not be allowed by your administrator. Please contact your administrator."

I am the owner of my PC so the amin should be myself but do not know how to do this.

I tried the right-click on the Adobe icon on my desktop to access the admin log in, but I am unable to do this as it won't accept any passwords I entered.

I need to by-pass the admin or find a way to access my admin. I think I read somewhere that Adobe may have an apllication for this but could not find it.

Anyone have any idea how to get this application running on my PC?

I'm sorry you're running into installation issues with AIR.  Microsoft has just released a new utility that can help resolve installation problems.  Would you mind giving this a try and let us know how it works for you?  When running the Fix it, go through the uninstall process and try to remove Adobe AIR from your system.  Once finished, download the latest version of AIR and install again.

If you still encounter problems, we'll need to review the AIR installer log to better diagnose the issue.  Please post back with the log contents.  You can find instructions for finding these logs here:

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 09, 2012 0
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 09, 2012 1
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

Wow! That worked like magic!

Thank you so much for your help, it was very frustrating trying to find a simple soloution on the net.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 09, 2012 0
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent, thanks for letting me know!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 09, 2012 0
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did use Microsoft Fix-It but it did not help my issue. The log was deleted while I was going through it but I remember it said that it could not install Adobe AIR due to error code 3001

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 06, 2013 0
Enthusiast ,
Apr 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use microsoft fix it for windows 7.

It will work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 19, 2012 0
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use account ADMINISTRATOR to install Adobe Air

I've enabled the account ADMINISTRATOR first via

net user administrator /active:yes

I was using administrator equivalent account first and could not install Adobe Air

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 18, 2013 0
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how to to do it ? i have pc

when try to download adobe air it says :An error occurred while installing Adobe AIR. Installation may not be allowed by your administrator. Please contact your administrator.

i tried micro fix it but it is not work. normally my adobe air worked but since 2 month i cant download any software based on adobe air.  so i uninstalled adobe air.  now i cant even download adobe air it salef

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 10, 2015 0
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is some one can help me?????????????

when try to download adobe air it says :An error occurred while installing Adobe AIR. Installation may not be allowed by your administrator. Please contact your administrator.

i tried micro fix it but it is not work. normally my adobe air worked but since 2 month i cant download any software based on adobe air.  so i uninstalled adobe air.  now i cant even download adobe air it salef

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 13, 2015 0
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this problem for a week now and finally found a fix. Try running the Adobe air installer in windows service pack 3 or any of the other compatibility types

Right-click the installer. Click the compatibility tab. Then choose windows service pack 3, and select the check box.

I finally tried that after a week of tinkering with other solutions, but this was the ultimate fix for it.

I hope this helps someone

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2015 1
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue on windows 10.

Microsoft Fix it option didn't work as it's not compatible with Windows 10.

I end up having to run all the updates in compatibility mode using Windows 8 mode + run as administrator for options.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 13, 2016 0