• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captive Runtime - Check for Updated DLLs?

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2014 Mar 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I work in an environment where users do not have local admin rights on their workstations. I have read the following useful article, and plan to use that for development:

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/air/articles/customize-setup-for-AIR-app-with-captive-runtime.html

However, as the article points out, users will not be alerted in the case of AIR runtime updates. My question: is there an alternative? Is it possible to check when AIR dll files are updated programatically? What is recommended?

Thanks,

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2014 Mar 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2014 Apr 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, there is no way provided by AIR SDK to checked for updated Runtime for a captive application.

If the developer of the captive AIR app feels the need of using a newer Runtime (becuase of a new feature or to make use of any performance improvement), they should re-pacakge their app using the latest SDK and push an update of the app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2014 Apr 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the answer, Romil. My main fear is not updating in time to handle a security fix. Is there any sort of RSS feed or other Adobe-sponsored method of being notified as new AIR updates are deployed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines