• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help to uninstall Adobe air and other adobe products on Mac

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many years ago i installed a "try-ut version" of CS5. I think is also when Adobe air was installed.

I don't use this computer much and haven't thought much about this. However, today I have been going through old programs etc.

This is when I noticed I have something called "Adobe air uninstaller" and "Adobe air application installer" in the Program folder. I don't think I need Adobe Air and thought I should try to uninstall it - but when I doubleclick the Adobe Air uninstaller it just says "This version of Adobe Air is already installed".

So how do I actually UNinstall it???

And when I double-click the "Adobe air application installer" I am encouraged to choose an installation package.

There is also a folder called "Adobe installers" but it looks empty.

Looking into this I also found a folder in my Library/Application Support/Adobe. In this folder there are folders called

AAMUpdater

Adobe PDF

AIR

Color

Contensstore

CS5Service manager

Lingustica

SING

In Finder there is also an Adobe folder that contains "Adobe content Viewer", Adobe Help and a folder called "Flash player" (however the Flashplayer seem to be found in a separate folder in the Utility folder (I think this is what it's called in english).

I want to keep the Flashplayer I have in the Utility folder, but I want to get rid of all the other Adobe stuff. Can I just trash them from the Library and from the folders (will nothing stay on the computer then??), or how do I get about this in the best way?

I'll be very happy if someone could help out!!

My computer is an Imac with Yosemite.

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

We uninstall Adobe AIR by navigating to /Applications/Utilities/ and double clicking "Adobe AIR Uninstaller" and it works. But as you have stated above it is not working for you could you let us know the version of Adobe AIR installed. To check the version select "Adobe AIR Uninstaller" or "Adobe AIR Application Installer" at /Applications/Utilities/ location and press space bar. A dialogue would pop up with the version number.

Please open terminal and try the following command "sudo /Applications/Utilities/Adobe\ AIR\ Uninstaller.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe\ AIR\ Installer -uninstall"

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines