Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iOS Upload with Air 32.0.0.103 / iOS 12.1: Invalid Architecture

Advocate ,
Feb 13, 2019 Feb 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I tried the latest Air SDK for Windows Beta 32.0.0.103 and uploaded our ipa build with Application Loader. Application loader accepted the build without warnings, however I received an error email containing this description:

Dear Developer,

We identified one or more issues with a recent delivery for your app, "XXX". Please correct the following issues, then upload again. 

Invalid architectures - This app has invalid architecture, and may have been built with invalid build settings or incompatible tools. Try rebuilding the app with the latest Xcode version. If you are using third party development tools, contact the provider.

Best regards,

The App Store Team

We are currently using a minimum iOS version of 8.0 in our application.xml. Did the minimum iOS version increase with the latest Air 32.0.0.103? I just left the office so please let me know in case anyone has seen the same error and been able to solve it. Otherwise I will update this thread tomorrow with my findings.

Kind regards

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Feb 20, 2019 Feb 20, 2019

I read in another topic that if any ANE has a value of "-ios_version_min" lower than 8.0 in their platform.xml / platformoptions.xml file, you'll get that Invalid Architecture email from Apple since the newer 12.1 SDK or Xcode doesn't support a version that low.  I just downloaded the Adjust ANE and I see that it does in fact have -ios_version_min set to 6.0 in platformoptions.xml (none of the Distriqt or Milkman plugins that we use do), so that's likely the problem with their ANE.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Feb 13, 2019 Feb 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Did the minimum iOS version increase with the latest Air 32.0.0.103?

The release notes for 32.0.0.89 had version iOS 9.0 as minimum in the system reqs - haven't tried an upload with either yet myself though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 14, 2019 Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, setting a minimum iOS version of 9.0 or 10.0 does not fix this, I am getting the same error message still. I found someone with the same problem on the Starling forums but no solution other than using the older SDK: https://forum.starling-framework.org/topic/air-32-ios-12-issues-resolved

Anyone here facing the same problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2019 Feb 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.

I have tried to upload the app to the app sotre, with AIR SDK 32.0.100.

I got the folowing problems-

Dear Developer,

We identified one or more issues with a recent delivery for your app, "Learning Games For All Ages". Please correct the following issues, then upload again.Invalid architectures - This app has invalid architecture, and may have been built with invalid build settings or incompatible tools. Try rebuilding the app with the latest Xcode version. If you are using third party development tools, contact the provider.

Though you are not required to fix the following issues, we wanted to make you aware of them:

SDK Version Issue - This app was built with the iOS 12.0 SDK. Starting March 2019, all iOS apps submitted to the App Store must be built with the iOS 12.1 SDK or later, included in Xcode 10.1 or later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same problem here. We already tried SDK 32.0.0.100 and 32.0.0.103 with the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, we fixed this by reverting to Xcode 9.4.1. We know it isn't an ideal fix, but at least it allows us to work meanwhile it gets fixed

These are the steps we followed:

1. Download the version from this direct link (https://download.developer.apple.com/Developer_Tools/Xcode_9.4.1/Xcode_9.4.1.xip) or access https://developer.apple.com/download/more/ and search for the Xcode version you desire.
  2. Afterwards, install it and rename it to, for instance, Xcode-9.4, then if you are running a Mac, first check which xcode version you are using with this command: xcode-select -p
  3. and then change it to the new one like this: sudo xcode-select -s /Applications/Xcode-9.4.app/Contents/Developer
  4. Later, create the symlink to the AIR SDK with: ln -s /Applications/Xcode-9.4.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/ld $AIR_SDK/lib/aot/bin/ld64/ld64

All these steps have to be done considering you do have a environment variable named "$AIR_SDK" which points to your current AIR SDK. Original thread about this issue can be found here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Isn’t it this issue where minSDK version has to be at least 9.0?

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Am 19.02.2019 um 12:19 schrieb cgascons <forums_noreply@adobe.com>:

iOS Upload with Air 32.0.0.103 / iOS 12.1: Invalid Architecture

created by cgascons in AIR Development - View the full discussion

Hi, we fixed this by reverting to Xcode 9.4.1. We know it isn't an ideal fix, but at least it allows us to work meanwhile it gets fixed

These are the steps we followed:

Download the version from this direct link (https://download.developer.apple.com/Developer_Tools/Xcode_9.4.1/Xcode_9.4.1.xip) or access https://developer.apple.com/download/more/ and search for the Xcode version you desire.

Afterwards, install it and rename it to, for instance, Xcode-9.4, then if you are running a Mac, first check which xcode version you are using with this command: xcode-select -p

and then change it to the new one like this: sudo xcode-select -s /Applications/Xcode-9.4.app/Contents/Developer

Later, create the symlink to the AIR SDK with: ln -s /Applications/Xcode-9.4.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bi n/ld $AIR_SDK/lib/aot/bin/ld64/ld64

All these steps have to be done considering you do have a environment variable named "$AIR_SDK" which points to your current AIR SDK. Original thread about this issue can be found here.

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10938678#10938678 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10938678#10938678

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in AIR Development by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem seems widespread so I add a bug :

Tracker

You might vote if you don"t want to buy a Mac before the Apple deadline 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for creating a tracker bug. But I think the tracker description does not reflect the bug that we are seeing. You write: "Since Air 32.0.0.100 it is impossible to build on Windows with some ANE". Is this really the case for you? Because I can build without problems on Windows. Only when I send the build to Apple, I receive above email.

Devarai I tried both minSdk 9.0 and minSdk 10.0, but both builds produce the same email after uploaded with Application Loader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Opps yep it's not directly related to the OP..

I do have the issue described in the tracker tho.

I was a bit too fast spreading the vote 😉

Anyway I tried to remove my post in order to clean up the discussion but I can't after I replied here...

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 20, 2019 Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

roa52880066​ You actually see a different warning. You need to upgrade to Air 32.0.0.103 and this warning should be resolved.

I am looking further into the Invalid Architecture problem and I will update this post as I go.

Findings:

#1) Removing all ANEs from the project and compiling with minSdk 8.0 resolves the problem..

#2) Removing all non-Distriqt ANEs resolves the problem, meaning the problem must come from another ANE provider.

#3) The Adjust 12.1 ANE is producing the problem for us. I am going to try and see if an update to the latest version fixes the problem.

#4) Problem seems to persist with Adjust ANE 17.1, I created an issue here: https://github.com/adjust/adobe_air_sdk/issues/46

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read in another topic that if any ANE has a value of "-ios_version_min" lower than 8.0 in their platform.xml / platformoptions.xml file, you'll get that Invalid Architecture email from Apple since the newer 12.1 SDK or Xcode doesn't support a version that low.  I just downloaded the Adjust ANE and I see that it does in fact have -ios_version_min set to 6.0 in platformoptions.xml (none of the Distriqt or Milkman plugins that we use do), so that's likely the problem with their ANE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Distriqt ANE and I do receive "Invalid architecture" with AIR SDK 32.0.0.103

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like some Distriqt ANEs (like Adverts and Share) also have low ios_version_min (5.1.1 and 6.0).  Our latest app we submitted just uses Core and SystemGestures Distriqt ANEs, which seem to have a high enough ios_version_min of 7.0 and 8.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are aware of the issue with the low minimum version and are currently updating all our ANEs.

If any of the ANEs are blocking your development, please let us know by reporting an issue on github and we will make them a priority.

Cheers

air native extensions // https://airnativeextensions.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using BluetoothLE ane and its dependents, core ane and androidsupport.V4.ane .

thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 21, 2019 Feb 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adjust has updated their ANE with -ios_version_min 8.0 and this does fix the problem for us. Thanks for your input everyone.

Though I wonder if this might be a bug in Air SDK? I am not experienced with developing native extensions but I don't see how it would make sense that parts of an app can have a lower requirement than the bundled app. Air should override the minimum SDK of all the components with the minimum SDK requirement of the app, no?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2019 Feb 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

btw, manually updating minimum versions in all our ANE's (META-INF\ANE\iPhone-ARM\platform.xml and META-INF\ANE\iPhone-x86\platform.xml files) to 9.0 also fixed the problem and build uploaded without email-warnings from Apple

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean that the ANE has not been repackaged, but the XML file in ANE has been modified?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, surprisingly it helped. But we will test all ANE dependent functionality in the next few days

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

What's the best way to edit the platform.xml-files within the ANE?

I tried to unzip the ANE, change the minimum version to 9.0 and zip the files with 7-Zip again.

This doesn't seem to work for all extensions because I get "not a valid extension"-errors for some.

Those extensions also don't contain a Library.swc, so I can't use ADT to repackage the extension.

Any other suggestions?

Bye,

Cole

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming you are using Windows this is how normally update the contents of a ane/zip file.

- Right click on ane file

- 7-Zip > Open Archive

- navigate to platform.xml  > Right click > Copy to... > Copy

- Edit the copied platform.xml file

then

- Right click on ane file

- 7-Zip > Open Archive

- navigate to platform.xml folder

- Drag and Drop the new platform.xml

- Confirm to replace

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2019 Mar 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello !

I hve the same problem with invalid architecture with beta AIR SDK 32.0.0.103.

Can you tell me what you have changed exactly in platform.xml and if there are another files to modify in ANE  with 7-zip ?

This is my platform.xml

<platform xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/air/extension/4.0">

<sdkVersion>8.0</sdkVersion>

<packagedDependencies>

<packagedDependency>GoogleMobileAds.framework</packagedDependency>

</packagedDependencies>

<linkerOptions>

<option>-w</option>

<option>-ios_version_min 6.1</option>

<option>-framework MessageUI</option>

<option>-framework StoreKit</option>

<option>-framework CoreTelephony</option>

<option>-framework SystemConfiguration</option>

<option>-framework AudioToolbox</option>

<option>-framework AVFoundation</option>

<option>-framework CoreGraphics</option>

<option>-framework MediaPlayer</option>

<option>-framework GLKit</option>

<option>-weak_framework AdSupport</option>

<option>-weak_framework EventKit</option>

<option>-weak_framework EventKitUI</option>

<option>-weak_framework GoogleMobileAds</option>

<option>-ObjC</option>

</linkerOptions>

</platform>

I have changed -ios_version_min 6.1 to -ios_version_min 8.0, is it correct ?

Thanks for your help !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that this trick helped and everything seems fine after a week of testing.

For changing XML inside ANE I used Total Commander on Windows, it allows you to treat archives like ANE as directories. I guess the main point is not to repack ANE completely, but repack specific files and el111​'s way will work as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2019 Jun 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just want to echo that n.khrovrov's suggestion of using Total Commander on Windows and el111's steps were spot on. You guys were a total life saver!

My project has over 17 distriqt ANEs and while they updated most of them with the minimum iOS version, some of the older ANEs didn't appear to be updated. Also I would have to spend hundreds of dollars to reactivate my subscription just for a simple fix (as it was I did spend over a $100 renewing subscriptions). I wish I saw this solution sooner, but I'm just glad you guys figured this out. Distriqt really should send a mass email to all their current and former customers explaining the situation and offering a hot-fix.

This makes me really wary about relying on a lot of ANEs if Apple/Google can add a requirement that breaks all existing ANEs and the ANE authors don't clearly notify their customers or offer a free hot-fix to maintain basic compatibility. Between this and Adobe not providing a clear roadmap for Adobe Air, this is the last year I'll be releasing an Air project. Trying to explain these issues to a client is a complete nightmare and I don't want to deal with these things with our own internal projects either. I'm already in the process of migrating to Flutter. It's backed by Google, and can deploy to Android, iOS, and now the Web with a single codebase. It uses the Dart programming language, which isn't too dissimilar from AS3. I'm probably going to use Flutter for business software and Unity for games. This latest situation with iOS deployment essentially breaking on Air just confirmed my decision to start running for the hills.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines