• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is support for Flex builder ending in 2020 ?

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2019 Feb 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In our organization, we are using Flex Builder 3.0 to compile ActionScript files to SWF. Currently SWF files are hosted in html. I can understand that the support for FlashPlayer is ending in 2020.

We are planning to use our application SWF files in AIR (as desktop application). This will eliminate the need of FlashPlayer but we will still need Flex to compile our code into SWF files. However we would like to know if support for Flex Builder will continue beyond 2020 so that we can make the decision accordingly.

Thanks. !

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Feb 26, 2019 Feb 26, 2019

Flex builder and Flash builder products, are not updated for years (I think last Flash Builder update was before 2012). You are stack with what you have, so it doesn't look like they are going to be discontinued.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flex builder and Flash builder products, are not updated for years (I think last Flash Builder update was before 2012). You are stack with what you have, so it doesn't look like they are going to be discontinued.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Flex builder is just an IDE, you don't absolutely need it to compile the source code

personally I would advise to at least upgrade to Flash builder 4.7, even if not updated for some time, as long as your Java is configured correctly it does work

now for compiling, any Adobe Flex SDK or more recent Apache Flex SDK will do the job

simply put, Flex builder is not the same thing as Flex SDK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines