• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A strange problem with sound objects

Feb 27, 2008 Feb 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I am working in application for ring tone mixer. We are using more than 20 sounds objects dynamically for mixing and playback the multiple sound tracks. All the sound tracks are exactly 24Kbps. We are facing some problem like whenever we seek all the sound tracks to some particular position simultaneously it plays some unwanted noises and no desired sync of all the sound. But all the tracks are playing without any problem when they played individually. Has anyone faced this problem ever? Particularly this problem is happening with the Flash player 9.0.1.115. Please help me...

Thanks in advance !
Arun
TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is there any to help me on this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, you kind of need to help yourself. You've given us almost nothing to go on here. I would like to say the problem is on line 8 of your code, but you haven't provided any code.

However I'm guessing that there is a lot of code. So don't post it all nobody else wants to wade through 300 lines of somebody else's code. Can you recreate the problem with a simpler 2 sound model?

Or can you provide a link so we can see/hear what you mean?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I really appreciate your interest on my issue.
Explanation of our problem with more information:
a. We are playing a set of mp3 files simultaneously with a single play controls i.e. seek knob and timeline etc...
b. We are playing more than 25 sound objects which are loading 25 different mp3 files at a time.
c. In the case of showing the progress of playing position, I am using the first sound object to get the duration and
its position as all the mp3 file has the same duration. (A single mp3 songs is separated into multiple mp3 files on
various musical notes and beats)
d. At the initial stage of the application, I may not want all the files to play and in some other interval they should
play and sync with the current playing position. So I am starting all the files to play at the initial time and I am
just muting up the unwanted mp3 file’s sound objects.
e. If all the sounds are played without any interaction with their position, they play only some initial portion of the
mp3. (Half of the music in my case). But after that half duration it seems all the sound objects are muted and
there are no more sounds in all sound objects. Here I have to remind you one thing that all the files are playing
without any problems if they played individually in a separate and single sound objects.
f. Whenever I try to move the knob position within the first half (positions where the application playing without any
problem) it plays all the tracks well. However when it moves to the next half, the same problem persisting again
but this time I can hear some unwanted noises.

NOTE: I am getting this problem only with the Flash Player 9.0.1.115.
Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI all..

Is there any experts who can help me on this issue?
Thanks in advance..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like Rothrock said, do you have a link or can you put some code up for us to look at?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 29, 2008 Feb 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I really thank you guys for your interest in this thread. Sorry for the delayed response.
I was in the preparation of sample demo code to reproduce the same issues.
I have uploaded the sample demo in my server..
http://dev5.agriya.com/flash/projects/trail/audio.html
I have also included the code in this link.
Please look into this and give me some solutions..
Thanks again !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm at work where we only have 9.0.47, so it works fine for me. I will try it out at home tonight or tomorrow. So basically you are trying to make like a mixer for various tracks -- each MP3 being a track of the whole song.

The only thing I'm noticing is that you have all your Sound objects constructed with a null target. You might want to either try something like this:

this["mySound"+i] = new Sound(_root);

or creating a new empty movie clip for each one and putting that in the constructor.

If you have any plans for controlling the sounds separately you will need to do the second one anyway. Other than that I'll see what I can think up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rothrock,

I really appreciate your interest in my issue.
I will try to make the sound objects based on somewhere instead of "null" and i will let you what is happening.
But my guess, this problem is somewhat very strange and it must be related with some other aspects technically.
I have also given a feedback to adobe through our company Agriya Infoway.
You can have more idea about this issue when you check this demo in version 1.0.115.
So, please check it and let me know your suggestions.

Thanks again for your interest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 03, 2008 Mar 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rothrock,

We tried the method that you have mentioned in your previous posts. But no luck.
Did you see the link http://dev5.agriya.com/flash/projects/trail/audio.html in player 9.0.115?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 03, 2008 Mar 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I did. It was very strange. If I tried seeking to a further point I got a really loud static-y noise. You get silence?

I'm on a Mac with player 9.0.115.

Well if associating each sound with its own timeline didn't work I'm not sure what it could be. Have you tried it with just two sounds? three? is there a point at which it goes from working to not working?

Another thing might be to try and stop the sounds first and then start them againg. What happens if for the first start you just seek to someplace about 1/2 or 3/4 of the way along. In that case do the start together?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 05, 2008 Mar 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RothRock
I tried to play Two songs it wouldn't played correctly.

i too feel that its a player problem.

My question is Why this is not working only in the Particular version. So the problem will be on the Player they released, and Expecting the fix from them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 06, 2008 Mar 06, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Anyone can help us on this issue?
Its seems like a strange problem. We are also trying to post this problem directly to the adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Mar 07, 2008 Mar 07, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a guess here... I don't see anywhere that when the seek bar position is changed, that you 'stop' the current sounds from playing? it seems as though they are all being 'restarted' on top of themselves. I would suggest that in your 'changeSongPosition' method, previous to the loop, that you first call:

stopAllSounds();

then restart them at the new position. Just a thought.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 10, 2008 Mar 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi clbeech,

We tried that too. But no luck.
Still have the same problem...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 11, 2008 Mar 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Did anyone faced this strange problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2008 Oct 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

9.0.1.115., in my opinion, is not the only release that causes problems. Rather it is the FIRST release.

It's an Adobe led problem. But, if you measure the mistimings, there can be a pattern there. How do you prepare the files, timings etc and organise them into the flash?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you found a solution yet?
i'm also having a bit of a problem when i try to fix the game sounds to phone ringtones in a separate way you can check it out dzwonkitones

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2024 Jul 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem as you. Where can I get help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2024 Jul 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Ian Flowers 

what exactly is the problem you are seeing/hearing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines