Adobe Animate cannot import certain audio file

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried coverting to wav, mp3, aiff. Every time when I try to import this audio to the stage or library, I get this message: "One or more files could not be imported because there were problems reading them."

I'm really confused. With some audio files, importing does work. But this one doesn't, and I don't know why.

TOPICS
Error , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The usual problem with importing audio is that you are trying a 24 bit or 32 bit file, or that the sample rate is very high. Make sure the audio is 16 bit, 44.1 kHz.

You could reply with an example file if you like, then we can try the import ourselves.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe that this is a newly introduced bug in 21.0.8

There have been plenty of posts in the last few days.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/animate/struggling-to-properly-import-audio/td-p/12325805

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Powertools Team - extensions for character animation

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @claireb47258233 

This issue has been addressed in the latest Animate update - 21.0.9 released today. Please update your copy of Animate to the latest using Creative Cloud Desktop application to avail the fix.

Thanks, Sukhesh.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines