• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Animate CC - Tagged swatches multiplying out of control.

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

swatches.PNGFirst of all, I am in love with the tagged swatches tool, it is a godsend and makes my life so much easier when doing character animation. That makes this weird issue so much more aggravating.
sing

Since i've started using tagged swatches I've faced a very strange nuisance: Periodically, for no discernible reason and at an alarming rate, new swatches of old colors I used toward the beginning of the project create themselves spontaneously in one of my existing palettes.

The colors seem to be chosen at random from a set of about four to six, though one color (orange) seems more frequent. There is no pattern, I have yet to figure out if there is an action I'm doing that is triggering each addition, I've been keeping an eye out for it lately but, it always seems to happen when I'm not paying attention, Ill have an empty palette, I'll work for 10 minutes or so, then I'll glance back and see four new lines of orange and beige swatches.

This would not be so much of a problem if there was a way to delete multiple swatches at once without deleting the whole palette. But since there are swatches i need on the palettes its placing these in, I end up having to select and delete each swatch one by one, which after a certain point is just futile.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Adobe Animate CC
Build 16.0.1.119

Windows 10

Screenshot (169).png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Hi All,

Thanks for reporting the problem. I'm able to reproduce the issue as you describe and logging a bug for it.

I'll also add an enhancement request to allow for deleting multiple tagged swatches together.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this problem.

This happens every time you copy and paste a symbol.

It's a strange and cumbersome behavior. The duplicate colors have no purpose and we can't selected more than one to delete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am checking with the product team. Stay tuned for a response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi All,

Thanks for reporting the problem. I'm able to reproduce the issue as you describe and logging a bug for it.

I'll also add an enhancement request to allow for deleting multiple tagged swatches together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines