• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Animate crashing CS6 Flash Pro

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a really neat project I want to work on.
Every time I begin, I get about 20-30 mns in and it crashes.

I have about 400 jpgs I'm tracing per frame in my library.

My file is only 122 MBs. I cannot figure out why it's crashing.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

I've been sitting on this project forever b/c I cannot get anywhere on it w/out crashing!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kevinhinkel

are you kidding us?

Adobe Animate crashing CS6 Flash Pro ??! Which Software are you using then

• Adobe Animate ? or
  • CS6 Flash Pro ?

These are different softwares, or at least versions. Flash Pro became Animate somewhat 4 years ago.

Then what means Every time I begin, I get about 20-30 mns in and it crashes ??

• 20-30 what? minutes? milliseconds? millinanoseconds?

Also I have about 400 jpgs I'm tracing per frame in my library - how can you trace jpgs per frame in your library? You mean you have 400 jpgs in your library which you trace each one in a keyframe?

My file is only 122 MBs. I cannot figure out why it's crashing.

Well, only 122 MBs?! That's quite a fat monster. Do you really need to do all 400 jpgs in one Animate/or/Flash file? It sounds like you are making an animation from a sequence of 400 jpgs. That could be better done in Adobe Premiere or After Effects.

In any case, you have to supply more information how and when your crash happens, what you are trying to do, is there a pattern? Otherwise nobody can figure it out.

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kdmemory,
A pleasant surprise. I didn't really believe I'd get such a well thought out response!! Thank you so much I'm using CS6 Flash Pro. Not Adobe Animate.

Flash crashes randomly as though it is unable to handle a simple change or addition.
So no certain time. I thought when I said mns, it was clear that meant minutes...

And yes, I have 400 jpgs in my library that I trace each one in a keyframe.

I believe it's crashing b/c of file size. I don't need to do all 400 jpgs at once. I will try to cut that in half. I don't know how to use Adobe Premiere or After Effects. Though, I'd love to, can you draw over jpgs in them?

One thing I did do was I changed the Target to Flash Player 6 and ActionScript to 1.0 and it seems to have helped. I also ran Debug.

Wait... it literally just crashed. I had it open for less than a 5 minutes.
I didn't add or change anything on the file.
I just opened it and began typing here again and it crashed.
Last night I was able to draw four frames, I saved multiple times and it was fine.
Not sure why now it's crashing randomly again!!!
I'll try the file again. Any more advice would be greatly appreciated, I'll try cutting the file in half though.

Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi kevinhinkel

So I assume you don't have a Creative Cloud plan. That is why you are using Flash Pro CS6 ?

Generally it would be better to use fairly recent versions. Which CS6 isn't really any more.

Question 1: What is your platform (Windows or MacOS) and which version?

I'm surprised that you can still select Flash Player 6 and AS 1.0 as target in Flash Pro CS6. The latter is from 2012, the former from 2002. That's already way back in time for CS6 and 17 years from now. However, I don't think that setting such a target has anything to do with crashes in the authoring IDE.

Question 2: Are you using Actionscript in your project?

Question 3: What do you want to publish in the end?

• something to be played in a Flash Player
  • or a video to be played on YouTube or similar
  • or something else

Question 4: How complex are your jpgs? photo-realism or drawings, how many colors, etc.

Question 5: Can't you just work completely in vector graphic mode? Drawing everything in Flash.

It's not easy to give you an advice without knowing more about your workflow, medias and expected presentation platform. By the sound of it, sequence of 400 jpgs, making an animation, as I assumed in my first reply, it would be more appropriate to make it with Adobe Premiere. If you have access to it. And if you accept a video as end product. But, when you ask, can I draw over jpgs in Premiere, no, not really. That needs to be done in something like Photoshop or any other bitmap editing tool.

(When I mentioned After Effects in my previous reply - I have to admit I don't know it good enough, so I take that one back).

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines