• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Animate Error 1046 - But I don't have any code

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made an animation that I am really proud of, but when I try to export it, I get these errors:

nitai28651732h77a_0-1712095808466.png
Most of the layers listed here don't even have objects on frame 1.

I tried looking up solutions online, but they all mention code and scripts. This animation features no codes or scripts. I checked multiple times.

I have no idea what could possibly be causing this and I REALLY want to be able to show this animation to other people and - y'know - use it.

Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what's in your library?

do you have a document class assigned?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2024 Apr 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a lot of pngs, a good number of mp3s, a few graphics, one movie clip object, and about a hundred tweens
But even right now I can export other projects with all the same components just fine so I really don't know what happened.

What's a document class and how do I assign it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

does anything have a linkage id assigned?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2024 Apr 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not that I know of

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

upload your fla to a file server and post a link here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2024 Apr 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://mega.nz/folder/GNohxZIA#GKjvtZKrJyPfaK8AUAipkg

Here you go
The file whose name ends in "Download" is one that exports perfectly in spite of being nearly identical to the other files
The other two are the ones who are problomatic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the use of advanced layers is causing the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2024 Apr 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried removing certain layers to see if it solves the problem, but I can't figure out which layer is the issue? Could you tell me which layer you found to problomatic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2024 Apr 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't know if it's a specific layer.  i just disabled advanced layers and the error disappeared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Usually these random errors in documents that don't have code added by the user are caused by advanced layers. Are you using any feature that depend on those (camera, layer depth, layer parenting, layer effects)?

If you are not, you can turn advanced layers off in the document settings.

Pleaset let us know.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, sorry for taking long to respond

I am using a camera layer, but it's nearly identical to one I used in other animations that hadn't faced this error.
Or at least, I did all of the same things with it - namely I zoomed in at points and classic tweened at others.

I've also used masks, but again, those haven't been a problem in other projects.
Is there anything I can do to debug this with this knowledge?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible that it's a bug related to the version of Animate. Which one are you using?

I remember that a few years ago An used to have a lot of errors due to advanced layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2024 Apr 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Animate 2021 - version 21.0 build 35450
Is there a newer version? Should I try to update? And if so, all of my files and my library would still be fine right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2024 Apr 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can update and all your fla files will be unchanged. you can even leave your older 2021 version installed at the same time as installing a newer version.  the two most recent updates should appear in your cc desktop app, if you have a compatible computer.

and again, if you're stuck, upload the problematic fla.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly, updating didn't work... I attached a link leading to the fla files in the above reply to kglad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2024 May 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE:

I hope anyone reading this is ready to be as pissed off as I am.
I went through reconstructing the whole animation step by step. Frame by frame. Layer by layer. All to find what the problomatic element is.

I found the issue to be with a single layer. One that had only contained a series of flashing pngs, no tweens and only a few instances of effects. So I didn't suspect it at all.
But. And I hope you can feel an ounce of my anger when I tell you what the problem was.
The layer was named
"Error"
It contained flashing images of error messages, ergo I named it "Error". But when I named it "Error". Adobe Animate.
FOR SOME REASON.
Flagged that as. An error.
Because the layer
Was named "Error".

I think I lost years of my life, never mind the time spent getting here, Jesus Christ.

Thank you for your help everyone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Thanks a lot for telling us the solution.

The implementation of advanced layers has several conceptual and practical problems.

This happened because when advanced layers is on each layer is turned into a Movie Clip instance and if an instance name is Error a conflict happens because Error is a top level class in AS3.

Users that don't use code shouldn't have to worry about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

and in general, the use of key words can trigger unexpected and difficult to debug erros.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines