• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Animate Exported File "Not Found" & "File Name Invalid".

New Here ,
May 12, 2024 May 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody! I notice that my Adobe Animate app on my computer has a problem with the files. I export it from Media Encoder, and whien I go to my editing apps and press "Import Files", whenever I try to open the files I rendered from Animate to Media Encoder, it will say "File not found" and "File Name Invalid". How do I fix this? It's only been doing this recently, and it never did this before. Thanks & tell me what to do to fix it if you know! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post (like this one has already been moved) if it helps you get responses.

<"moved from cc desktop bugs">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you navigating to the file's location? if so, what's an example problematic file name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I'm gonna try that right now. Thanks for the advice!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sure. keep us updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I just tried it, and it didn't work. I put in in the "Desktop" files area, and it wasn't even there. When I typed in the name, it said that the file name "wasn't found". I titled the document "YOLO 123!!" to remember it, and it's not there. I'm not sure what's wrong, and if it's some sort of Backup issue, because the files from other apps are backed up. I'm able to make stuff in my editing software, and I can get the file extremely easily, but it seems that just Adobe Animate has an issue with it. Tell me what else I can try if you know. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

open ame and see where you're exporting and look at the file name used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2024 May 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I just did that and it didn't work. At this point I don't even think that it's a backup issue with Animate at all. I notice that while I can't find new files, I can still easily access and open old Animate files that were rendered. When i typed the new file's name into the place and folder I put it in, it said "File Not Found". 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

copy and paste here a screenshot of ame with a queued file showing it's publish path and name.

then have ame render the video

then show the files in the path/directory where the video should be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note: Scrool down, the pile path is't supposed to go in is the "Video" section, and the fifle at the bottom is the second "THE RED SQUARE!.MP4" File. image_2024-05-13_161444168.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i see one red square mp4 which is poorly named (exclamation mark shouldn't be used) and shows a path different from the folder shown at the top left.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I've renamed it to just "REDSQUARE" with no exclamation mark (It's the one at the very bottom with the words "Skip" on the "Status" place of the screen), and the location shows it in the "Desktop" files. 

image_2024-05-13_191612147.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, it appeared at my Home files, yet it won't go in the editing software I'm using due to not being the right "file type", despite already having been rendered. That's actually been an issue as well, with only older animation files being able to actually render as MP4 files and being able to successfully play in my Media Player app, with the new ones being unable to find, play in Media Play or being rendered as actual video files. Just wanted to bring this up as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

first clear that render list.

then render using a alphanumeric path/name

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're rendering to onedrive.  do you see that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do, but what's wrong with onedrive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2024 May 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you look on onedrive for your mp4?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I see it there. What do I do about it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this entire thread is related to your difficulty finding files exported from animate to ame and then published by ame.  without reviewing each step, do you now see how to find/change etc files published by ame?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do, but I was asking if there was something wrong with the "OneDrive"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh and actually, it still isn't even there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

files don't magically disappear (usually).

but change the save directory to something (reasonably named) and local.

and clear your (unneeded) ame listed files so it's less confusing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I change the save directory?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

click the output file link and navigate to local folder and use a reasonable name.

kglad_0-1715737067212.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines