• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

adobe animate has a serious bug

Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2024 Jun 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been painfully trying to get past this disgusting error for months now.

Error: Error #2136: The SWF file app:/myaafile.swf contains invalid data.
at flash.display::Sprite/constructChildren()
at flash.display::Sprite()
at flash.display::MovieClip()

the sad part is that i have determined that it is nothing ive done wrong but a bug with adobe animate. how did i come to this conclusion? through hours and hours and hours of diagnostics. my FLA file is 667,191 KB. sure it is huge but that shouldnt make a difference. yes it takes nearly 10 minutes to open in adobe animate. the error first appeared when my file had a huge issue. it must have happened with the sh!tty adobe animate not saving correctly and corrupting my file. basically, ALL my actionscript
code just magically disappeared from the file. no im not kidding, ALL OF IT just gone, over 200,00 lines of actionscript just GONE. so i went back months and pulled up an old version i had backed up that i knew had been working at the time and recovered the code, which of course was a months old backup but i decided to start over from there because this project is very important to me. fast forward a few months and im back up to where i was again. tried to publish it and BAM same error. so i started over. added just my code and to my suprise, it never threw the error, published fine. so i though okay it must be an issue with my sprites. added my sprites and it threw the error. okay awesome it is the sprites i thought. reloaded back to the working version and only added sprites and no code and well guess what, it published with no issues... HMMM OKAY THATS WEIRD. let me just say my sprites have no code added to them except for "stop();" thats really it, no other actionscript as i command all the sprites through the code on the main timeline. 

So i went back and created everything from scratch, code, sprites, everything. and guess what. it decides to throw the error even though there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with my file except for the fact that is is 667,191 KB. at this point i am absolutely in a rage. i have no idea what to do and this project is literally the only thing in my life that even gives me the tiniest amount of happiness. im willing to send the complete FLA file to whoever is willing to take a look at it to help. thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2024 Jul 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but it's progress over yours. so, try more jvm or maybe my computer has better specs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2024 Jul 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i think you need to go back and reread the whole discussion because you are obviously confused. you have made no progress....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2024 Jul 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Is it possible to upload the FLA again? Tried kdngames.com/RMT/backup/6-27-2024/RMT.zip but can't access the file.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry i changed the folder to corrupted, it is still up

kdngames.com/RMT/backup/corrupted/RMT.zip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2024 Jul 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any updates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2024 Jul 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be to do with the 16,000 frame limit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2024 Jul 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

well defintiely not. if i removed enough code withiut removing any frames the fla publishes. i was also under the understanding that it is 16000 frames in any movieclip not combined

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines