• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Animate HTML5 Canvas Interactive Application Navigation problems (memory/performance?)

Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2019 Jul 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi please can someone help. Its not my PC as its a gaming machine and I do my testing through Google Chrome.

I am trying to create an interactive APP HTML% canvas with some animations / movie clips here and there. On my example that I attach, the 'What is Food Poverty' and 'How do we Evaluate' buttons that ive been working on along with the menu buttons above each page arent working properly.

I have a problem where the "What is food poverty" works, but then when using the arrow keys to go back and forward within the movieclip, the more you press them, the app grinds to a halt. Also the first time you press off, what is Food Poverty, then go back, it goes to the wrong place on the timeline, but then after that it is fine and goes to the correct place.

The 'How do we evaluate' back and forward, buttons do not seem to be working at all, however once I click 'what is food poverty' then they seem to work, but again, bring the app grinding to a halt.

Is to do with when the app loads on main time: everything done afterwards is not being removed from memory / resources, so there is a huge memory overload and conflicts etc. If this is the case, I dont know the workaround and have tried, also maybe its to do with _this = this is really confusing to me

Why cant I just use this.x rather than declaring a variable that

_this = this (seems like the same thing to me.)

Thanks for your help.

FILE

https://adobe.ly/2OrHMtL

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 30, 2019 Jul 30, 2019

HI I think ive solved it

The buttons I had on seperate keyframes on my movieclip timeline were named the same instance.

I.e btn_Next was the same name on all keyframes, I thought this was okay but seemingly not. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your software? Animate?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, yes its Adobe Animate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 30, 2019 Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HI I think ive solved it

The buttons I had on seperate keyframes on my movieclip timeline were named the same instance.

I.e btn_Next was the same name on all keyframes, I thought this was okay but seemingly not. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines