• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Animate HTML5 dynamicly load html formatted text into a dynamic textfield.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Question:

Why isn't this possible?

I mean build into Adobe Animate this makes no sense to me.

I wish you all a lovely day.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Animate forum so that proper help can be offered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

It's because dynamic text fields are CreateJS texts and they don't support HTML formatting.

For HTML formatting, you can use a Label component by going to Window > Components.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's because all dynamic text on the stage is drawn by the HTML5 canvas text API, and it doesn't support HTML formatting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, thank you all for the fast replies, that makes sence but I did manage to do it with a label before but I run into a couple issues but perhaps I should take another look.

What I'm trying to do wasn't possible but I read something about security thingies and that also makes sense.

Sorry for posting it in the wrong place and thank you for moving it to the right spot. 

This isn't really an Adobe Animate issues but if you happen to encounter it too this is how I worked around it:

Issue was:  I'm folding a website together and the max html line count is 8000 and with static text those lines go fast, (I also included my javascript and embeded my images) but I wrote a workaround.

8000 lines was the limitation but nobody said anything about loading mutliple 8000 lines html files and switching between them with a fade out fade in effect.

Amazing tool I must add from drawing, animating to folding website together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines