• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Animate is lagging and performing slowly

New Here ,
May 01, 2022 May 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to animate on the latest version of Animate CC on what I believe to be the latest version of MacOS Monterey (version 12.3.1) and whenever a somewhat big movement occurs or a tween is being used, the software as a whole is lagging and playing slowly. In the beginning, it was just playing slowly on the time line (about 13 frames when it should be 24) but now the entire software is lagging and performing slower than before. I've tried reinstalling it, checking to see if my computer is right for the software, updating it and doing many other things that others on the community have told me to do if I could but nothings working. This has been going on for about a month now and I want to know how to fix it.

TOPICS
Performance , Timeline

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure your computer meets the requirements for adobe animate.

https://helpx.adobe.com/animate/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The frame rate in Animate is merely a target rate - the more we throw at it graphics and animation-wise, the slower the potential playback will be. This means any large movements, complicated vectors, multiple objects moving at the same time and playing back at a large screen size, will contribute to a slower performance.

Things to try:
View > Preview Mode > Fast
Crop the stage
Scale down the viewable stage size to be smaller in your monitor. You'll see pplayback increase as the stage gets smaller becuse it's less taxing on the GPU. Animate is a vector based application and not really a fixed-frame format like After Effects or a video editor. You are using un-rendered assets and that requires GPU speeds to calculate real-time frame rates during playback. Also, masks are a resource hog also and will slow down playback speed.

You can always export a video (MP4) to see how it plays at the true frame rate you st the document at.

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also Animate tends to run slower on Hi-DPI screens and doesn't run natively on Arm yet, It's a known issue that Adobe is working on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usually 2D or 3D animation applications never reproduce the animations completely, it is always better to take a video export to see them in detail.

____
2D vector animator since 2000 & PhD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 07, 2023 Jun 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Scaling down your timeline to where you can only see one layer. It increases your FPS and performance quite a bit. When the timeline is at the default size or larger then the FPS and perfomance drops significantly.

Hope this helps
Jason

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2023 Jun 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever get this figured out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 08, 2023 Sep 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are two solutions to improve speed:
The EasyRes application
Or use Automator: Shell Script open /Applications/Adobe Animate 2023/Adobe Animate 2023.app --args -AppleMagnifiedMode YES

____
2D vector animator since 2000 & PhD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2024 Mar 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on this and then click on adjust frame rate.

I had this problem and almost went crazy looking for a solution.

You're welcome 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2024 Apr 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Andrzej_iwan!

I enabled Match FPS and fixed the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2024 Apr 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

for others "match fps" adjusts playback on computers that are unable to display content at the specified frame rate.  when match fps is enabled, that's done by dropping frames (ie, they are not all displayed if your computer is struggling to maintain the fps).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines