• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Animate - Pen Tool drawing badly...

Explorer ,
Sep 08, 2017 Sep 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone else had this issue when trying to draw a perfectly straight edged object with the pen tool? It makes the lines all messed up. You use to be able to freehand draw a straight rectangle and using the cursor, just bend that line between the two main bezier points... now it just goes crazy. Am i missing something plain obvious or is this a bug??

Screen Shot 2017-09-08 at 11.49.23.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Hi,

Usually this kind of issues are triggered because of glitch in the graphic drivers.

Most of the issues have been resolved after uninstalling and reinstalling the latest graphic drivers, if still the issue persists you should uninstall the latest driver and install the older one.

Please try and let us know if helps.

Thanks,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the Pen Tool selected, check the settings for the Style and Width fields on the Properties panel. Maybe the values are not set to the default, regular stroke.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No all seem set correctly, I checked the hint box and that straighten it out better, though when you go to bend the line in-between two points its still doesn't behave properly!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really odd.

Is there a way you can share a FLA with this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 11, 2017 Sep 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To share files as suggested above, upload your files to a shared server such as Creative Cloud or Dropbox and share the URL here.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2018 Aug 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was this ever fixed? I'm having this problem now. If I start a new file it fixes it, but I can't start projects over every time Animate wants to glitch out.

Looking at it closely I can see it's happening by adding slight bezier handles even though I didn't tell it to. What do I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide details of your device, OS, and version number? Also, have you updated all graphic drivers on your device by visiting the manufacturer's site?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Usually this kind of issues are triggered because of glitch in the graphic drivers.

Most of the issues have been resolved after uninstalling and reinstalling the latest graphic drivers, if still the issue persists you should uninstall the latest driver and install the older one.

Please try and let us know if helps.

Thanks,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines