• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Animate Publish Settings exports; How to reference parent directories?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting this message in Publish Settings > Basic > Export Image assets:

"Name for images folder cannot contain any of the following characters: &[];=,*:.?<>|#%" and newline."

Screen Shot 2019-01-17 at 1.52.54 PM.png

...So for some reason I'm not able to use a dot `.` in a file path... That doesn't make sense.

I NEED to go back out one directory for publishing images and JS. Is there some other syntax that can be used? How can I do this?

Adobe Animate Publish Settings exports; How to reference parent directories? - Graphic Design Stack ...

[1]: https://i.stack.imgur.com/FfCV3.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Hi BBaysinger

If you want JS, images and HTML exported to one level up in relation to your FLA file, put in the Publish Settings/Basic under Output name

../yourfilename

(you can also use the folder icon there to set the path)

Then under the tab Image settings by Export image assets you click the folder icon (Toggle off to export image assets in the same folder as the output file).

That's it

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BBaysinger

If you want JS, images and HTML exported to one level up in relation to your FLA file, put in the Publish Settings/Basic under Output name

../yourfilename

(you can also use the folder icon there to set the path)

Then under the tab Image settings by Export image assets you click the folder icon (Toggle off to export image assets in the same folder as the output file).

That's it

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Move your FLA up one directory. Now your assets will export where you want them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines