• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Animate wont let me move the playhead along the frames, just stuck at frame 1

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2023 Apr 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently opened Animate for a uni project. I created a new file and imported audio but before it doesnt allow me to move the blue playhead along the timeline, its just stuck on frame one. Help please

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

copy a screenshot of the problematic timeline and paste it (don't attach it) here.

then explain how you're trying to move the playhead. eg, by using your mouse to click in another frame? or using the timeline play button? or something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jonathan291903659ua2_0-1680356671277.png

The small blue playhead just at the bottom. Im trying to click and drag it along the frames but it doesn't move left or right, it just stays on frame 1. Even if I hit the play button it doesn't play through the frames.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you only have one frame in that timeline (which contains nothing).  right click another frame in that timeline and click add frame or add keyframe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh, sorry im new to this, I see now. I've been so used to animating 3D on Maya, so when I came on this I treated it similarly. Thanks for the help 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

no need to apologize.  that's the point (helping each other) of these forums.

and, you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines