Exit

Animate 23.0 doesn't play timeline for preview

Contributor ,
Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, gurus!
I'm in the so called Panic Mode now...

After last update Animate doesn't plays animation.

In any timeline, new or previously saved, any animations tweened or not in any complicity. After hitting the Enter key or pressing Play button timeline previews only 2 or 3 frames and then stops.

Any ideas?

Animate build 23.0
MacOS 11.6.5
Imac 2020 3,6Ghz 10core

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what happens when you test?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If You mean "publish" or view in browser then everything plays fine there. But it is hard to make any animation without controling timeline.

And ... as it is not enough with such hard bug, there is another one in the same time - paste from Illustrator crushes Animate immediatelly.

Reinstalled both apps. Restarted hundreds time without success 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

embed a screenshot showing what you're trying to use to play a timeline one keyframe 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean, Animate just plays first 2 or 3 frames, and then stops. I can't see, control, review or check my animation in motion. Just by dragging a cursor over timeline. Play button (or Enter key) doesn't what it should.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. Anyway, it seems to be a computer or user-related error...
I just checked on my MacBook Air, and it plays well. And also created an other user on my iMac, and the error disapeared.
So ... have to investigate a bit deeper. But it's strange how the app reinstall didn't help 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

reset your preferences:

1.assign (if none now exist) a custom keyboard shortcut:

2.reset your preferences* (you should not give up on this until you've tried several times)

3.confirm you were successful by checking your keyboard shortcut was reset

if it's not, return to step 2

if it is reset, check if the problem is resolved

* press and hold Control+Alt+Shift (Windows) or Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Animate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines