Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate CC 2021 Crashes Upon Startup

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2021 Jul 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day to anyone reading this.

I downloaded and installed Animate CC 2021 from the Creative Cloud desktop app yesterday. I have a free subscription, so I started the trial and opened the app. After waiting for some time, I realised that the app wasn't opening. I relaunched the app, the splash screen appeared, and after a few minutes, the main app window opened... and an error dialog box with the message, "Sorry, an error occurred." Sometimes it crashes without an error message, or refuses to launch at all. I have followed the instructions at Troubleshooting tips to fix Animate crash on launch or startup , without any success.

I am running Windows 10 21H1. Attached is a screenshot of the error dialog box. If any more details are required, I will be happy to provide.

Any help would be more than appreciated!

TOPICS
Error , Performance , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try an uninstall and reinstall. Make sure you have version animate 21.0.7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already have. I used the Adobe Cleaner Tool too and deleted all config directories, but it all seems to be of no use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem for months now with last 4-5 versions. Stopped using the program

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Reinstalled, updated to newest version and crash still happens on startup

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try an uninstall and reinstall. Make sure you have version animate 22.0.22

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nothing helps.
I tried what you suggested with 21.0.9, 22.0, 22.0.1 and 22.0.2.
This morning I had an option to install 22.0.3, and it still crashes on startup. Other Adobe applications works well.

The only option for me right now to finish the ongoing project is to use the application on iPad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines