• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate CC Brush Tool - Pen Pressure Option Not Appearing

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I've just recently purchased a Microsoft Surface tablet pc running Windows 10. I have just installed the Creative Suite on here and am eager to start animating on Animate CC.

My problem is that the option to turn pressure sensitivity on does not appear when I select the brush tool! Drawing onscreen with the tablet pen works as though I am using a mouse. When I flip the pen around and and attempt to erase using the other end, it draws a line with the brush as though I am using the pen tip. Pen pressure works fine in Photoshop and in the sketch programs that came with the computer, as does the eraser end of the pen. How can I make this option appear as it has before? I previously used this program on my old Macbook and this option appeared while using a small usb Wacom tablet. Was this feature removed or is Animate just reading my pen as a mouse?

TOPICS
Product issue , Tablet

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Then the reason it doesn't work is likely because Animate seems to not work with Surface tablets because of the drivers. Try this?

Re: Adobe CS6 Brush tool DOESN'T WORK with Surface Pro 4. Photoshop works fine. Using latest wintab driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Increase the width of your toolbar by dragging your cursor to it's edge until you see the cursor change to a left and right arrow then click and drag it outward. You'll likely see it now. Quite often the pressure buttons are hidden on such a small screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. I have obviously tried this. I have used this program before, friend!

The only options I get for the brush tool on my Surface Laptop are as follows:

Object Drawing, Lock Fill, Brush Mode, Brush Size, Brush Shape.

The Use Pressure and Use Tilt options are simply not there!!! Maybe the following information will help you answer my question better:

I've purchased a student edition of Toonboom Essentials! When I first started the program, I was having the same issue I was having with Animate: Pen pressure not working. I went into the preferences for the program and found an option with a checkbox titled 'Use Qt Wintab Tablet Support'. Unchecking this box allowed me to use pen pressure, and I am also able to use the eraser nub of the tablet pen to erase the lines I have drawn.

There is no such option anywhere in flash as far as I can tell. Can you tell me how to turn off Qt Wintab support in flash? Perhaps a plugin? I would prefer to Not have to mess around with the drivers of a brand new laptop. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be sure, are you seeing this issue after updating to the latest version of Adobe Animate? Were there any other changes that were made to your device recently?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes when it updates it gets fixed, but after another update the pressure is gone, as well as some other things in the application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then the reason it doesn't work is likely because Animate seems to not work with Surface tablets because of the drivers. Try this?

Re: Adobe CS6 Brush tool DOESN'T WORK with Surface Pro 4. Photoshop works fine. Using latest wintab ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

update : i found Wintab_x64_1.0.0.20.zip  for my surface and now i am all good

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated my driver, and I changed the settings from wintab to windows ink when it didn't work. It seems when you change it, it lets you see the pen pressure options but still not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2022 Sep 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey! I have a wacom tablet and I have the same problem. I looked in driver updates and there was a new update. I updated, restarted the computer, and these two buttons in Animate CC for the pen is appeared, I don’t know what it has to do with the program, but it helped

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines