• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate CC Error Importing MP3 Files (Mac & Win)

Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2016 Apr 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried importing & dragging an MP3 file into Animate CC and I would get this message (see image) "Couldn't Import *.mp3…" "One or more files were not imported…". I tried this on both Mac & Win10 (everything is to up to date), installed QT on Win10, Reset my settings, tried it on another mac with a fresh install.

I used a stand alone media converter from a raw recording (mac & Win), tried to fiddle with the compression etc. The last step is to open an old Flash file with an mp3.

Animate-MP3-Error.jpg

TOPICS
Error , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 27, 2017 Dec 27, 2017

If you mean how do you make a 44.1 kHz, 16 bit sound file, if you have Creative Cloud you could use Audition or Adobe Media Encoder. Same if you have Flash Pro CS6, AME has audio only presets. In both of those is a 48 kHz preset that you could change to be 44.1 kHz, and Save a Copy. It will then appear in the user presets list.

If you don't have access to Audition or AME there are free/donate applications such as Audacity:

http://www.audacityteam.org/

On Mac I also use this cheap batch compression

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please try "Help > Check for updates" in CC desktop app and see if "Animate v21.0.9" shows up under the "Updates" section?

If not, you may have to convert wav to mp3 & try importing (since mp3 works with 21.0.8) OR roll back to 21.0.7 version in case if you need to import wav.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2016 Apr 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Colin your "16 bit" worked. I had to use "Audition" to find the settings it was't in "Media Encoder" I have not used Flash in a while. I was using Edge Animate for it's HTML5 compatibility across platforms, but it only published to suede HTML5 with proprietary .js scripts. So I started porting over legacy EA assets (mp3). GOD I remember how I hated Flashes "frame by frame" based timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2023 Jun 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Though this question was asked a few years ago, but those who are just getting started with Adobe Animate today might still find this useful.
- You can resolve this by creating a new audio file and exporting it as a WAV in the program Audacity. To do this, you must import the mp3 file into the program and crop it wherever you want the audio to begin or end. Upon completion, if the file or audio is larger than that amount, change the kHz to 44100. When you export this to WAV, the audio file is finished and fixed. You may now import them into your animation and animate! 

Even though I'm a beginner, I sincerely hope that this aids the other newbies this year!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2023 Jun 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you @Sketchaloova (though we tend to favor audition over audacity...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines