• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate CC (sometimes) crashes when running advanced JSFL script.

Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2019 Sep 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to anyone who is reading this (Hopefully an official Animate CC Develeoper would be able to help me out here). I work in the games industry and have promoted and used Animate CC for a while now. I create JSFL scripts to create tools and efficiencies in the animation pipeline. 

One of my more advanced JSFL scripts (which runs for for about 1 - 3 minutes) will sometimes crash at different times in the script. If I had a guess it would be that there is perhaps a memory leak??? If gone over my code numerous times and couldn't find any inefficiencies in it. My JSFL script will have tasks like converting frames to bitmap,  creating new flash documents, exporting  swf. 

I would very much like to get rid of the crashes. The script is will crash animate 1 out of 5 times. Is there anything I can do to solve this problem? Is it possible to release Adobe Animate CC memory? Can I debug what is actually causing the crash? Has anyone experienced anything like this? 

TOPICS
Code , Error , Exchange extensions , Import and export , Performance , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 22, 2019 Sep 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you can break your jsfl script into more than 1 script intended to run sequentially.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines