• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate - export outputs sequence - but all images are same image (keyframe 1)

Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I am trying to create a series of "PNG" files from an animation.  Given Blue Macaw, I would like to use Adobe Animate to build an animations then export it to a sequence of PNG images into a folder.  I reviewed the tutorials, and know where all the menu items, and dialog boxes are.  

Blue-Macaw-1.gif

My issue is; all the exported images, using Export or Publish are the same image.  Why are they all the same key frame?  There are 125 frames in the sequence and I saved it here as an Animated GIF.  No matter what I try, the same thing happens, only the first frame is exported.

Thomas

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Timeline

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

I actually did something a little different, I right clicked on the layer icon on the embedded timeline, and saw a menu that had cut / copy layer.  That worked!  It copied all the frames of the layer together, rather than one at a time.  thanks so much for continued patience, and support.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the multiframe macaw animation should on the main timeine or it should be a graphic (with enough main timeline frames to display the animation).  ie, there needs to be more than 1 main timeline frame and the animation can't be in a movieclip.

if that doesn't help you solve your problem, explain how you're doing one of the two things described above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response.

There seems to be two or more views; one when I am looking at the main timeline and another when I click on the Ace of Clubs symbol in the top left above the workspace.  How can I copy the layer to the main timeline so that when I export it, the exported PNG sequence contains different images and I can play that in a TextureAtlas using SpriteKit API?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can probably right click what ever is on your main timeline > click export png sequence and then use an animated png maker to assemble the pngs (eg, Animated PNG (APNG) Maker (ezgif.com))

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you...  I posted earlier that I did just that, bbut all the images are the same image.  the first image in the sequence.  I understand what I want, but not how to do it.  So, when I try and copy the blue macaw to the main timeline, it does not work.  I want all the frames to be copied - not just one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

then you have a nested animation.  you need to double click the macaw is on the main stage and then keep double clicking the macaw until you get to a timeline that shows those 125 frame.

at that point you can either move up the heirarachy to the parent and right click that etc or copy the 125 frames and paste those onto the main timeline in a new layer.  delete the old layer and click export > export video/media > select png for your format etc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually did something a little different, I right clicked on the layer icon on the embedded timeline, and saw a menu that had cut / copy layer.  That worked!  It copied all the frames of the layer together, rather than one at a time.  thanks so much for continued patience, and support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is easy with Animate, just need to export the animation (not the image) and select PNG. Animate will create a sequence of images. I think the animation has to be on the main clip, not in "sub clip". If you main animation includes clips this will not produce the sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines