• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate file seemingly disappears, even after saving

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I've been working on a project, and I've noticed, doesn't matter if I saved the file or not, some animate files seem to disappear off the face of my computer whenever I close the program. This has given me large amounts of anxiety when it comes to my large project, as I don't want my computer to reset, close the program and erase my file.

I work in MacOS Big Sur, and I keep all my animate files in a dedicated folder.

TOPICS
Other

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

save your fla files frequently with increasing version number appended to their names*.  periodically close the latest file and reopen to confirm there's no problem on adobe's end.

for project1.fla, save as project1_v000.fla, project1_v001.fla etc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure they are "gone"? Never heard of this. Do you have admin rights to your account? Have you used Finder and searched for the file names? Animate has a "recent files" - what happens when you go there? Does it list them and if so can you click to open them?

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2023 Aug 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This keeps happening to me on a project I'm working on as well. I've used adobe products for years so I'm always shortcut saving every time I change something but as soon as I close the program after the file just disappears. It's not a lack of saving, it's a strange bug it seems. I hope this is fixed soon, it's quite frustrating after spending time on a project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kendrii 

are you appending increasing version numbers to your file name?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have been but of course not after every save. This seems to only happen once you close Animate and I've searched the whole computer for that particular file but it doesn't even exist. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and you periodically close and reopen the latest version to confirm it's not corrupted?

then the next saves have different version numbers and that confirmed version later disappears?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2023 Aug 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Which file disappears? The one you're working on, or the recovery file that is usually next to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines