Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate force stops and closes when importing to stage

Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone,

My animate started to force stop and close when importing anything into the program. I have spent many hours on the customer service chat and take over and it still isn't fixed. Has anyone else had this happen? I was able to import to stage my ps file in all of the different layers and now when I try it closes the program and sends a message. It has now been almost four weeks and this program isn't working. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and restarted the computer at multiple stages. This happens on both laptops and the surface pro I have. Any ideas on how to get it working again? Thanks for the help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are both laptops windows or mac? A common possible solution is resetting preferences (mac). Is Animate crashing with just this one PSD or any PSDs?

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are both pc. It crashes with any import, sound, images, ps, ai, any of it. I will try resetting all preferences. I would have thought that uninstalling it and reinstalling it would automatically do that. Thank you for the advice. I will try it and restart the computer and let you know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you haven't reset preferences?  that's the first thing that should have been done:

uninstall animate including preferences per https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

then reinstall animate and test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reset them and it still does it. When we uninstalled it, we had it forget all settings. I manually reset all of them within the program as well yesterday and it still doesn't let me import anything. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what are your computer specs vs animate specs, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kglad!!! You have made my day sosoosooooo much better. It will not open the final project, but I can import the ai versions. I am uninstalling photoshop now to see if maybe it is a photoshop issue. My specs are great and compatible with animate. The CS helpers had me continue to try the same two photoshop files. I also tried ai and sound but manually resetting the prefuerences and restarting the computer allows me to import ai and sound. I am excited and appreciate your help. I will update with animate and photoshop imports as I battle it out! Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome. and awaiting your next update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay. I can get some files to import from ps but not all. My final file still won't import and will shut down animate. The first draft of the same file will now import with all of the layers. Not sure what the difference is between the two files as they are saved the same way. They are both larger files, and going forward I will create more in ai, but I am new to animate and didn't know that vector over bitmap was the better option. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sounds like progress though i don't know what's causing the sometimes problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No clue. Maybe somehow the file is corrupted? It still opens in photoshop, though. I am just happy I can use the program again. It was brutal and I lost points on my final two weeks ago. Thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Save and Save often. Also, make multiple copies so it never happens again. It sucks when you work hard on a project and it gets lost, bugged, or errors. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Luckily, I was ahead and did save every time or I would have failed. I just had the final tweeks I wanted to add. Being a student, and learning these new programs, I find myself learning and wanting to update my projects with the new skills I am developing. Thank you for all of the support and advice!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you should save with increasing version number appended to the file name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2024 May 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still happens to me today, I remember it happened to me years ago, basically destroying my program and leaving me without any work for week, there was nothing I could do, uninstalling, reinstalling, nothing.
Support was inexistant by the, and today official forums of Animate are still inexistant and support clueless.
To have the same issues today I had years ago for the hundreds or money I give them for my package sent me into a rage I've never tough I'd be served again. This is infuriating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2024 May 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Dominic26470835wz14 

again, you should save with increasing version number appended to the file name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2024 May 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines