Animate merged my layers and deleted all frames

Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was working on a project in animate, I had two separate layers one that had an imported video and one that was my line art. I went back today to open the file and for some reason, adobe merged both layers and deleted all frames but one. I check the recovery file and it is in the same state. Does anyone know why this happened or how to fix it?

TOPICS
Error , Other , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if all the saved fla's are corrupted, you have a small chance if you have a swf published from an uncorrupted fla.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a first. Are you sure you don't have ther most recent version saved to a different folder? Did you search your computer for the file name to ensure a more recnt copy isn't in a different folder?

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure, I only had it saved through one 1 folder, I did discover though, that the whole animated sequence is in the library?? I'm not sure how it got there but now when I try to import it to the stage it's still stuck on the first frame.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhhh yeah you simply animated inside a symbol which is referred to as "nesting". That's great! Back out on parent timeline, just make sure there are enough frames to accomodate the length of the animation nested inside the symbol. And MAKE SURE the symbol is a Graphic symbol and not Movie Clip. If a MC, just click on the symbol and change it's behavior using the drop-down in Properties Panel.

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2022 Apr 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh my gosh, yes that worked! I feel a little silly, but thank you so much!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines