• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

animated snow within snowglobe (mask html5 canvas)

Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm creating a winter ecard with a snow globe.

I use Adobe Animate and need to export it as HTML5 Canvas. So actionscript is not working.

Inside the snow globe it should snow. Is there a ready snow animation, which one I can use and where I can change only the symbol (snowflake). There are several scripts for snow, but since I only want it to snow inside the snow globe and not over the whole stage, I don't think that's possible, isn't it? I have now created a mask and would like to arrange a finished snow animation below the mask. That should work, right?
Can anyone help me?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Hi.

While Clay doesn't give you a proper answer, to fill up the whole screen at the beginning just remove the minus sign when the y position is set.

Instead of this:

snow.y = -stage.canvas.height * Math.random();

Write this:

snow.y = stage.canvas.height * Math.random();

To randomize the snow flakes, create an array with the classes you want (the class name must be set in the linkage column of the Library panel). Then get a random index out of this array. Like this:

var snow;

var snowTypes = [lib.Snow, l

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

1 more question...All my other tweens seem to be sped up now. I can not ease anything or adjust. A 2 second is not 2 second it occurs almost instantly....my frame rate is 24fps. If I move then tween into another FLA file it tweens as it should...it is only when it is paired with the snow....any suggestion as to why this is happening? Or way remedy. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Can you send a link to the FLA again so that I can take a look?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello...thank you for all the help....quick question the snow is falling but it is disappearing about 100 pixels before it hits the bottom of the canvas...could you please advise on how to fix this? Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Do you mind attaching some screenshots or a link to your FLA?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Louis,

Did you solve your snow falling problem? I have seens the hole thread and i am looking for a solution in the same way as you. Do you mind sending me the code or .fla file so i can get snow falling on my banners. Best regards Tommi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Tommi.

Can you tell us what exactly do you need help with?

Regards,
JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JC,

Thanks for your reply. I'm new to Adobe Animate, and my code skills are VERY poor 🙂
I have created a html5 canvas adbanner, created in Adobe Animate.
And I wanna a "falling snow" effect in the banner. Can you help me in the right direction?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Tommi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Please use this file as a template:
http://bit.ly/3tyZfSX

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The link to the FLA is not working. Is there any way to repost it? Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Awesome, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines