• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

animation stuck to window size

Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems strange that after all these years, Adobe still has not addressed this issue..

The issue is when you publish an animation from Animate, and it outputs the .js and .html files, the only way to use the published output in another webpage is to follow the following hack described here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/animate-discussions/scale-animation-to-fit-parent-container-not-windo...

..But for people who don't bother to dig into Adobe support forums, this problem seems to make Adobe Animate useless, because the only way to view the resulting output is to view it standalone, or allow it to be stuck to the window size, and that's not feasible.

Adobe, please fix this!!  This is a massive 'speedbump' in the production cycle.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I think that using an iframe to embed Animate's HTML5 output is the most simple and reliable way.

Have you tried it?

And you can also suggest a different approach to the Animate team:
https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Please let us know.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JC,

Thanks for the response, but iframes are not ideal, for several reasons, but for me, chiefly because of the way that using iframes breaks the intended DOM structure.

I have created a .php/.js script which makes it easy to drag & drop the .html/.js files that Animate generates, and then my .php/.js script will automatically make the necessary changes, and output two new .html/.js files.

The simple problem is that you can't just copy and paste the code that Adobe Animate generates.  It requires a hack to make it work in your own code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any solution that depends on hacking generated code is probably a bad solution. The HTML/JS docs that Animate publishes are intended to be treated as a black box, like SWFs were in the old days. If you need modifications to a page, you should be programming the pages themselves to be dynamic, loading whatever changes they need to make from an external text or XML file.

Well, either way, I don't see what that has to do with the resultant code being hosted in an iframe or not. Currently, HTML5 Canvas animations are published in a manner that assumes they have complete ownership over their document. So iframes are the easiest way to go for embedding them in other documents. It's literally what iframes were created for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Any solution that depends on hacking generated code is probably a bad solution. The HTML/JS docs that Animate publishes are intended to be treated as a black box, like SWFs were in the old days. If you need modifications to a page, you should be programming the pages themselves to be dynamic, loading whatever changes they need to make from an external text or XML file.

Thanks ClayUUID for your response, and in general, I agree with you, that any solution that depends on hacking generated code is probably a bad solution.

The issue here is that without changing the generated code, the product is useless to me.  Also, it's not exactly the same "black box" as a .SWF file.  It's HTML and JS, which are by nature open and not at all "black box" languages.

The progression from Macromedia Flash to Adobe Animate today is an amazing progression.  I know, because I programmed in Flash (and every Swish version!), and now today I'm using Animate.  

In the time era when Flash got started, there was more room for proprietary companies, and the standards were much less defined, and still very much under revolutionary development, from a software development point of view.

Today, the standards are very well defined by the W3C, and so for the end result to end up as two simple .HTML and .JS files is absolutely astonishing; to think how the original feel and intent and functionality of Flash has been preserved, but now it exists in such a light and adaptable framework such as what Adobe has turned it into.

For it to be *so* good, but have this one *big* hiccup right at the end of the whole production process is really kind of funny, but definitely slowing to the overall creative process, and it indicates to me that Animate is not used very often for final product results that fit inside of a div on a web page, but probably almost exclusively for producing a video file, or material that gets loaded and refined in After Effects or something.

The big hiccup is that the end animation cannot sit easily inside of any given div on a webpage, and respect its parent div as a parent container according to the DOM.

The solution is, as mentioned earlier, to change and remove and add some code to the JavaScript and HTML that comes out when you press the "publish" buttin within Animate.

For me, it is easy because I made a small .PHP / .JS script to handle this for me, but it is a surprise that this exists in software made by Adobe.

For anyone wondering why *not* to use iframes, you can do a simple online search yourself to find out why, but mainly for me, it's security and data management needs.  If I'm not using iframes, everything works exactly like it's supposed to work, from a technical, web development point of view.  When iframes are a part of the recipe, there are caveats to everything, and so very often, things do not work the way they are expected to work, or how they are supposed to work.

For someone making a simple brochure-style website for your own enjoyment, it's probably not a big deal if a few thousand people see it and you use iframes, but when creating websites and content for paying customers, and when setting up online environments for people who trust you to build something that is robust and according to industry standards, using iframes won't cut it in the long run, because they are high-maintenance and high-risk.

Aside from the technical and security considerations, there's a whole argument to be made that says that iframes destroy SEO ratings and utterly confuse the search robots and make them behave unpredictably and most of the time, poorly for the person who is hoping for better SEO.

Here is just one article I found when I typed in the phrase "iframe still used," where they mention that even Google recommends against using iframes:

https://www.ostraining.com/blog/webdesign/against-using-iframes/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JC,

Thanks again, I went ahead and submitted this as a bug to Adobe, through the 'wish form' link you shared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines