• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Apple Silicon / M1 Native Support for Adobe Animate?

Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Animate runs pretty well and fast on M1 Macs under Rosetta 2, but will Animate be updated as a M1 native app for its 2023 release? I don't see any Animate Beta app on CC, so very curious to find out if you Adobe peeps can give us the inside scoop on the near future. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can search for a public roadmap (but i doubtful you'll find a current one).  inside info is subject to an nda so it can't be shared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, indeed Animate runs under Rosetta 2 but the performance is far from being optimal, and if you are working with a retina display the performance is horrible. Is worst than a 10-12 years old laptop.

So can you work with Animate in Apple Silicon Macs? yes.

would it be better than your 7 years old computer?  NO

Only difference is RAM, you can take advantage of more RAM in the newer system (I could copy larger amount of layers in the 64GB MacS than in the 16GB rMBP). But if you can upgrade your old system's RAM, that would be the best option for Animate yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for your observations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2022 Dec 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

M1 performance on the 5K monitor is absolutely atrocious with Animate. They clearly don't give a sh@t about this software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 17, 2022 Dec 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

these are user forums.  if you just want to vent, feel free.

if you want to notify adobe of a problem or make a suggestion, use

for applicable apps, use https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/x-productkb/global/how-to-user-voice.html

for others, use https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2023 Jun 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! any news on this? The performance in new Macs is just a shame. I cant think how Animate, the 3rd most visited Adobe suite app in this forum, isnt yet released to Apple Silicon, I see this as a lack of care for Adobe's customers.

I've already write it in the link Kglad pointed out, but also wanted to said pubicly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2023 Oct 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I think the update will come between October 9-12. Animate finally gets silicon processor support.
You can look from here;
https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/apple-silicon-m1-chip.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 06, 2023 Oct 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for the heads up, excited to see what they've done in the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 09, 2023 Oct 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please god let this be soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines