• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AS3 open a new window send Var

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2008 Nov 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to know, which would be the better way to open a new window from an AS3 application, and send some information to the new window. By the moment I have a PHP that generates an xml, but I don't think that is the better way, I would like to know the opinion of a master?
TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2008 Nov 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you want to open a new window to a html page?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2008 Dec 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, I would like to open a new html, and get some data from the as3 that opens the html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can use navigateToURL() and append a query string.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how would you do that? Where in the navigateURL sentence do you put the variable? and when you open the new window, how would you get the var. If you could just leave me a little example, it would be amazing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're going to need to do some work on your own. navigateToURL() is an as3 function. check the help-files. you'll extract the query string using javascript and you'll use the flash externalinterface class to pass the query string from javascript to flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I have just find some example in javascript, i think that one is the better way to do what i want. I'll go to fight with the javascript!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines