• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Beginner 2nd exercise

Explorer ,
Sep 11, 2022 Sep 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all, I am new with Adobe Animate, I tried to to this exercise 5 times now, but I don't get the same results. In my case the background doesn't move. How can I fix this? Example, see screenshot:

ahmed26058770l417_0-1662901785221.png

Best regard, Ahmad

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

whoa, after seeing your last message about not understanding why you need a 2nd keyframe, i rechecked your screenshots and see no 2nd keyframe frame in the problematic tween layers.

that's the problem.  with a classic tween you need another keyframe where you make property changes (eg, position) to your on-stage object.  then add your classic tween.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 11, 2022 Sep 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the dotted lines in layer_1 mean you have a problem with the tween in that layer.  one common problem causing that would be to have more than one object in that layer.  another would be trying to use a motion tween on a non-symbol.

to solve, create a new layer, right click the background, click cut, select frame 1 of the new layer, right click over the stage and click paste.

hide layer_1 and create your tween in your new layer.  if you see a warning (ie, you need to convert the background to a symbol), allow animate to do that for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to follow you steps, but I can't 'cut' the background.

ahmed26058770l417_0-1662969540574.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you didn't select the backgound so you can't right click the background.  it's not clear (to me) what you've done and it's not clear what you're showing.

anyway, if layer_1 contains your background, click frame 1 of layer_1 (to select everything in layer_1), then right click over your background etc.  hopefully, everything in layer_1 is only your background, or that's the problem with the layer_1 tween

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed the following in the 5 min video:

- In step 4 of 7 it is not mentioned to do something in Frame 15, but in the video I can see something is done in Frame 15 (see video end of step 4 of 7)? I think it is 'add main frame'.

- In step 5 of 7 I get the dotted lines, so how can I fix this? I could not replicate your steps. I get the dotted lines when I click 'add klasiek tween'. Hopefully someone can help. Maybe you can try to do it your self, I opend Animate and than clicked here to do the exercise:

ahmed26058770l417_0-1663246542210.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try this:

1. create a new layer below layer_1

2. left click frame 1 of layer_1

3. left click the on-stage background

4. right click over the on-stage background > left click cut

5. lock all your layers except the new one

6. click frame 1 of your new layer

7. right click over the stage and click paste in place

8. delete the problematic layer

9. add your keyframe to the new layer and position your background in the new layer to the location where you want the background to move.

10. right click the new layer and click add a classic tween

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again, I tried your steps, but I still get the dotted lines.

I only didn't understand point 9: 'add your keyframe to the new layer'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

whoa, after seeing your last message about not understanding why you need a 2nd keyframe, i rechecked your screenshots and see no 2nd keyframe frame in the problematic tween layers.

that's the problem.  with a classic tween you need another keyframe where you make property changes (eg, position) to your on-stage object.  then add your classic tween.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No access to open it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I added 2nd keyframe, now the dotted lines are gone but the background still doesn't move:
Added  keyframe:

ahmed26058770l417_0-1663340996715.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ignore my last message, it worked!!! Thanks Sir !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines