• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

BigCommerce compatibility - how to apply to your website

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When creating anything for the web using adobe, the next step is always "send the files to your developer". 

Where can I get information on how to use the files myself?

I can't get an adobe animate html5 published file to work with my BigCommerce site. Any advice?

Let me know if you need more info 🙂

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

you failed to upload (at least, to the correct location) 2 javascript files and you have an error in your index.html file (line 2012 and 1479).  at least, one of those html errors is because of a coding error in animate.

i suspect when you test in animate you see that last error (AdobeAn is not defined), if not both.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why can't you get an animate html5 file to work with your web site?  ie, what problem do you see?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! The blank space you see on this page: https://wvet.mybigcommerce.com/mil-embedded-solutions/

That is supposed to be my interactive graphic, I animated with hover effects and click to weblinks (all working when you test it through animate). 

I used this tutorial (https://youtu.be/ZdbudxV3bYI) and placed the code as directed by going to the theme files of my site and adding in the <head> and the <body> that way. Then I placed the <div> content on the page builder of the site for this particular page in the location where you will see the big blank space. The images for the file are uploaded in the BigCommerce image manager, and also using cyberduck so that I could maintain the path images>filename.

At first I tried just placing the html coding in the page builder (with the js file uploaded in the theme files). This did not work either.

Let me know if I can clarify anything or provide further detail.

Thanks!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you need to upload all the files published by animate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2021 Aug 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I actually have all the files uploaded in the the theme files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 22, 2021 Aug 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't know what you mean by "theme" files, but if you open your html file in a browser, any problems?

if so, what's the url to your html file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2021-08-23 at 3.11.17 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the video

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well, then you navigate to your url and open your developer console.  any errors?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, actually I am receiving these errors. I do not know what they mean though. 😞

Screen Shot 2021-08-23 at 3.32.55 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you failed to upload (at least, to the correct location) 2 javascript files and you have an error in your index.html file (line 2012 and 1479).  at least, one of those html errors is because of a coding error in animate.

i suspect when you test in animate you see that last error (AdobeAn is not defined), if not both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks kglad,

I am going to have to remove the files all together, I do not have complete control unfortunately and anything with the files will have to be done through the theme company. Since I do not have a clear answer for them and they do not know where to place the files, I have to move on due to deadlines. I really appreciate all your help trying to get this working. It was a pretty great puzzle! Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines