• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can Flash Pro CC publish to flash player 9??

Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

It is possible to publish to flash player 9 in Flash CC. Most of the flash ads still require flash player 9 as the highest version to publish for.

thanks

Andrew

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

10.3 is as far back as you can publish unless you add an older playerglobal swc to the publishing options.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2015 Jul 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using CC2014 right now but would love to get some help.  I'm also on Mac OSX.  What's next? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2015 Jul 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me know if you can still help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 20, 2015 Jul 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sure np, let me know whats going on

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2015 Jul 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't compile, I get errors and am looking for someone to maybe do a screen share or something to see what is wrong with the way I set it up.  I would be happy to compensate for the time spent with helping me fix this issue.  Is there any way to privately share contact info on here? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 22, 2015 Jul 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you double click on the first line in the compiler errors panel, it should take you to the line with the problem. You could copy the error and the line of code, and show those to us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2015 Jul 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey JarSyr, I am running Yosemite, Flash CC 2015, and my paths don't resemble the ones you've outlined (in your July 9, 2015. Specifically, I don't have a "Library" Folder under my <username>, and the Library folder just on the Mac HD doesn't have those paths either.

Please Help!

Thanks in advance!

~Bob C.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2015 Jul 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually used rezun8's technique from "Mar 2, 2015 10:46 AM" post and it works... Thx.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 10, 2015 Aug 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi r_conley, the Library folder under your username is a hidden folder.

You can get into the hidden Library folder from Finder menu Go -> Go to Folder... and by typing /Users/<username>/Library/ to the input field.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2013 Sep 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this.

For others with Macs, the swc file given here did not work for me, I used this one which solved my issues: https://code.google.com/p/flashdevelop/source/browse/trunk/FD3/FlashDevelop/Bin/Debug/Library/AS3/in...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2013 Oct 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kglad, You sir are freaking AWESOME!!!!  You just saved me about 3 days of rebuilding 40 banner ads!  I am VERY glad you figured this out and shared it for everyone to know!  You sir are a knight in shining armor!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2013 Oct 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2013 Oct 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just like to add how helpful this advice has been - saved a complete rebuild in CS6 of several very high profile banners. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2013 Oct 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

great.  you're welcome, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2013 Dec 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kglad you just saved my bacon. a HUGE thanks for the info, much appreciated (i was beginning to panic a little bit then saw your post and all is good now!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2013 Dec 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To anyone on OS X that doesn't want to modify the Adobe Flash CC.app (because you shouldn't), you can drop the files into locations similar to those mentioned by Jarkko (#5652006) in your Library folder:

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Flash CC/en_US/Configuration/ActionScript 3.0/FP9/playerglobal.swc

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Flash CC/en_US/Configuration/Players/FlashPlayer9_0.xml

You locale might be different (mine being "en_US"), and you'll probably have to create the FP9 and Players folders. I used the SWC from Antoine above and everything worked like a charm (#5713272).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2015 Jun 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you had any luck with Flash CC 2014 on OSX without adding the playerglobal.swc to the Application folder?

I have added the XML file and put my playerglobal.swc file here:

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Flash CC 2014/en_US/Configuration/ActionScript 3.0/FP9/playerglobal.swc

The XML file is obviously being picked up by Flash, but I don't think the playerglobal.swc is working.  As I am getting this error:

Warning: 5004: The file '/Applications/Adobe Flash CC 2014/Adobe Flash CC 2014.app/Contents/Common/Configuration/ActionScript 3.0/FP9/playerglobal.swc', which is required for typechecking ActionScript 3.0, could not be found. You may need to reinstall Flash.

I wanted to see if there was a way to set this up correctly without having to modify the Application itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 11, 2015 Jun 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the playerGlobal.swc file is what helps bind the addition of the earlier version of the flash publishing.

It's very easy to do so fear not, follow the directions KGlad has laid out and you'll be just fine. If you are unsure just make a duplicate of the original playerGlobal.swc file for safe keeping that you can revert back too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2013 Dec 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2014 Jan 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for saving my ass! Banners are on their way to the client

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2014 Jan 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

do you know what's wrong with mine?

I did everything as kglad, Jarkko and Actionscripted instructed, but I end up with somehow corrupted file which is not working properly.

Anyone know what could I do differently?

Screen Shot 2014-01-13 at 11.51.43.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2014 Jan 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar issue (although I'm on MAC) and used the following file instead: https://code.google.com/p/flashdevelop/source/browse/trunk/FD3/FlashDe velop/Bin/Debug/Library/AS3/i...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2014 Jan 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Mac too and I tried also that file - didn't make any difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Annemari, Have you double checked that the swc file is in correct folder? The message is your screenshot says that playerglobal.swc file was not found.

Maybe you could try adding the swc file to both

/Applications/Adobe Flash CC/Adobe Flash CC.app/Contents/Common/Configuration/ActionScript 3.0/FP9/playerglobal.swc

and/or

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Flash CC/en_US/Configuration/ActionScript 3.0/FP9/playerglobal.swc

(The Tilde (~) in the beginning of the path means your home directory which is usually Machintosh HD > Users > yourUserName)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, awesome! Seems like that was the problem. Working now, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2014 Jan 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to harp on the same problem. Just upgraded to CC and finding this problem also. I've read thru everything and I am having the error too. It seems like I need to put the file into this path

/Applications/Adobe Flash CC/Adobe Flash CC.app/Contents/Common/Configuration/ActionScript 3.0/FP9/playerglobal.swc

But the problem is, I don't have this path!! Even when I view all of my hidden folders. I get to Adobe Flash CC.app and its not there.

The error I'm getting in Flash is

Warning: 5004: The file '/Applications/Adobe Flash CC/Adobe Flash CC.app/Contents/Common/Configuration/ActionScript 3.0/FP9/playerglobal.swc', which is required for typechecking ActionScript 3.0, could not be found. You may need to reinstall Flash.

Do I really need to reinstall??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines