• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't import sound files in 21.0.8

Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a very annoying bug in Animate 21.0.8 (Mac version): I can't import any sound files (neither .aiff or .wav) into Animate. When I return to 21.0.7 I don't have problems importing them...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Hi - We are looking into this and will update you as soon as the fix is available.

Thanks!

Mohan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i think that adobe bug has been reported, but you can ensure that by reporting it here https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html.

and hopefully, it will be fixed in the next version. in the mean time, try mp3 or use a previous version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - We are looking into this and will update you as soon as the fix is available.

Thanks!

Mohan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Version 23.0.1 the same error is occuring. Software has been updated. No success- hints??

Cable22611324gxz1_0-1679326038174.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Cable22611324gxz1 

you can't import any sound files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is correct! Similar to posts from 2021 - this problem didn't happen a
few months earlier - so what changed? And more importanlty - how can we
import wav or aiff files into Animate as i have done for the past many many
years? Thanks!

--
*Cable Hardin*
*he/his/him*

<personal info removed-kglad>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

don't replay via email, or remove personal info from your signature. these are public forums.

to a file server, upload an 8 or 16-bit 44khz bitrate sound that fails to import, and post a link

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the file types I am unable to import. Also tried 8 bit versions and 48khz too. Thanks! I'm stumped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

use 44.1 khz bit rate 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cable22611324gxz1_0-1680284674724.png

Cable22611324gxz1_1-1680284808183.png

Is this not? What changed recently? This was never an issue before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

issue persists - can anyone suppy a file that does work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's probably not an audio file problem. it's a problem with your computer/animate on your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that sample rate (44.1) and 8 or 16 bits is perfect.

import into audition and export with the same settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2023 Apr 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If so, it is widely shared in the mac lab in the classroom. Known OS/CC conlficts? Mac book is currently running 11.5.1 and CC Animate and CC have been up to date and re-updating now. Thanks for giving this more consideration!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm not sure what your last message means, but i think this is related:  there have been several people here with mac's reporting a sound import issue. after several (failed) suggestions to fix the problem, i've had them upload a problematic sound file only to find there's no problem importing and using the same sound file (on my pc) that they found problematic on their macs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like it - after updating and re-exporting per your recommends - no success. Adobe needs to correct this since mac is a basic industry tool of their consumers. I've never an issue like this persist since working with it since 1999! Any hints to getting a better response form Adobe? Thanks very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have some time in the next hour. 

if you have time, why don't you post a link to a problematic sound file?  i'll test it on my pc and then on my mac to see if i can duplicate what you're seeing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool - here's he file i just re-exported. It seems all audio files are not working. Even ones that have worked previously in earlier versions of Animate. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yep, no problem importing and playing in animate on my pc.  checking with mac...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and no problem on my mac (os 12.6.3 monterey), animate (v 23.0.1)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok cool - that's helpful - I will try updating to Monterey OS  - that's new info! Apprecite it! I'll reply with results. Have to get school to work on these updates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you have school on sunday?  good for you.  (and pay attention/make an effort.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha ha - no way. Tomorrow we'll get techs to look into updating machines...thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome. keep this updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, This has been addressed in the latest Animate update - 21.0.9 released today. Please update your copy of Animate to the latest using Creative Cloud Desktop application to avail the fix.

Thanks, Sukhesh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines