• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change default Compression in Import to Stage/Library settings

Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to change the compression default so that each time I import images to the Stage or Library, Lossless is set. In Export settings there is no Lossless setting, only what's shown in the included image which doesn't seem to affect the default Import settings. I also can't find a way to set the Default Profile or create another profile that is available everytime I make a new FLA file.

Thanks in advance!

dr_melzie_0-1624375391122.jpeg

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no such thing as a default image compression. Whenever you import an image Animate tries to figure out whether Photo or Lossless is appropriate. Often it guesses wrong.

The best you could do is use a script to automatically force the compression of all bitmaps in the library to Lossless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When a setting is automatically set to be a certain value any time that setting is accessed, that by definition is a default value. In this case, Lossy is the default value for images imported into an Animate FLA file. The import dialog does have a "Use publish setting" option which is auto selected but there is no Lossless option for in the publish setting. I import from Photoshop files that usually have multiple layers. So making a script isn't really an option because you have to first select the desired PS layer(s) to import before the options are displayed.

I don't see Animate trying to guess anything since every image I select has exactly the same default options set. Nor do I understand what you mean by "Photo or Lossless."

So it seems that I have to manually select Lossless each time I import. 

dr_melzie_0-1624560396335.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"When a setting is automatically set to be a certain value any time that setting is accessed, that by definition is a default value. In this case, Lossy is the default value for images imported into an Animate FLA file."

I just imported a GIF and a low-color PNG into Animate, and they both "defaulted" to lossless compression in the library. Animate appears to apply some heuristic when importing to decide which compression is most appropriate.

"Nor do I understand what you mean by "Photo or Lossless.""

photoless.png

When I say a script, I meant a script that you would run in Animate after importing, that would set all imported bitmaps to lossless compression. This would be significantly less effort than changing the compression for every bitmap manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines