Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cjs.MovieClip is not a Constructor when moving to React

Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2022 Dec 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone, 

New to Animate and new to React and stuck on this problem. I've asked my TAs in class and scoured the internet for a solution and can't find it. 

I have an animation from Animate that works in a page that is Bootstrap and vanilla JS. I've not migrated the entire page over the React with Bootstrap and I can not get the animation to work. I've played whack-a-mole on errors left and right and started over at least a dozen times, but in the end I keep getting stuck on this error... "cjs.MovieClip is not a constructor."

I've got a local version of createjs linked in my index.html as has been suggested elsewhere but that doesn't help. I'm sure there's something simple I'm missing but I've exhausted everything else I know to try. Does anyone have any suggestions? Is there a better way to get animations from Animate working in React? 

(Here's the page with the working coffee cup animation at the top if that helps https://markgatx.github.io/Portfolio-v2/)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meant to say I've NOW migrated the page to React. I still can't get the animation to work. Typos can be confusing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what line of code is triggering the error? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's in the external js file at the end of this segment...

var canvas, stage, exportRoot, anim_container, dom_overlay_container, fnStartAnimation;

(function (cjs, an) {

var p; // shortcut to reference prototypes
	var lib={};var ss={};var img={};
	lib.ssMetadata = [
			{name:"coffee_cup_400_atlas_1", frames: [[0,0,398,581],[0,583,367,241],[0,826,378,62],[0,890,420,18],[0,910,409,18]]}
	];

(lib.AnMovieClip = function(){
		this.actionFrames = [];
		this.ignorePause = false;
		this.gotoAndPlay = function(positionOrLabel){
			cjs.MovieClip.prototype.gotoAndPlay.call(this,positionOrLabel);
		}
		this.play = function(){
			cjs.MovieClip.prototype.play.call(this);
		}
		this.gotoAndStop = function(positionOrLabel){
			cjs.MovieClip.prototype.gotoAndStop.call(this,positionOrLabel);
		}
		this.stop = function(){
			cjs.MovieClip.prototype.stop.call(this);
		}
	}).prototype = p = new cjs.MovieClip();

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh, there's some problem in your set-up then.  there's no error in the createjs.js file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah that's what I keep telling myself. Do you know if there's any good resources on using Animate with React so I can keep researching?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no.

i would google it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Put it in an iframe. Whenever trying to mix Animate's HTML output with anything, the answer is always an iframe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yup that nailed it. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines