Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Classic Tweening Problem when Animating walk cycle

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Ignoring the character on left, my character rig keeps doing this weird twirling thing with their foot. I'm very new to animate and don't understand why this keeps happening with all my characters rigs (this problem has happened before). Sometimes the arms will go twirl all crazy. I've also seen size of certain body parts get super big and small. This is all happening in the inebetween tweens. I'm trying to animate through classic tweens. This character rig is all made up of symbols and I did the proper parenting, so it's difficult for me to troubleshoot this problem.

Gaffrey_Openanimation.gif

TOPICS
Error , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

It is exactly because of Layer Parenting.

It is full of many bugs - shrinking being one.

The roration issue is fairly new - introduced with AA 22 - whenever you have more than 180° rotation it can go the other way. Check the rotation property of the tween and make sure CW or CCW is selected for the span and the value is 0.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is exactly because of Layer Parenting.

It is full of many bugs - shrinking being one.

The roration issue is fairly new - introduced with AA 22 - whenever you have more than 180° rotation it can go the other way. Check the rotation property of the tween and make sure CW or CCW is selected for the span and the value is 0.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Faith233567941u6r  Can you please share a sample file. It will help us to investigate on the issue and provide fix for the same. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines