• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Do I have to start over if I can’t find my auto-recovery files?

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is for Adobe Animate. 

A little backstory here, but I logged into my computer today to find that Animate had crashed. So when I opened it to get it started up again, it showed the "Do You Want to Recover These Files?" The only files I had on there were a scrapped project and the one I'm working on now. Anyway, I clicked yes, but it said Adobe wasn't responding. I closed Animate, and opened it again, this time not clicking on the recovery files. I believe this to be a mistake, because now I can't access my project. 

is there any way to recover the files, or do I have to start all over again?

--FRIEND-Z

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Animate forum so that proper help can be offered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Recovered files option can happen if say the program crashed and the file wasn't saved. I have seen a file with the word 'recovered' saved in the same folder as the original FLA file. 

In your case, what happens whenyou try open the last saved version of your FLA? Do you still have access to that file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines