• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dropbox doesn't sync FLA files since I've switched to Adobe Animate CC 2018

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 2 days ago I updated to Adobe Animate CC 2018 and since then FLA files don't sync on my Dropbox folder.

qNsSArSG.jpg:large

This happens on my MacBook pro (High Sierra: latest version)

These files are not open in the app and no Adobe apps are open in the background and still, these files just don't sync.

It's been 48 hours since they were able to sync and I really have to sync these files ASAP.

I've tried the following things:

If I place the FLA files inside a ZIP file - the ZIP file SYNCS

If I make a copy of the FLA file - the copy DOESN'T SYNC either

If I change the file extension from FLA to anything else - the file STILL DOESN'T SYNC

Did anyone else encounter this issue?

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

[Moved from non-Cloud Creative Suites to specific Program forum... Mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

It seems that Dropbox finally fixed this issue after 2 weeks in the latest version of their Mac desktop app!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, did a little experiment.

The FLA file doesn't even need to be saved on the Mac to get locked.

If I take an FLA that has synced correctly from a Windows computer and I just open it in Adobe Animate on my Mac and then close Animate, from that point on the file can no longer be synced!

So it seems that it's an Adobe-related issue (and less and less like a Dropbox one)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another thing I've noticed is that the "RECOVER" file which is automatically created if you don't save the FLA file for 10 minutes, is not locked and can be synced.

So now I am certain that the problem is that something in Animate 2018 locks files which were saved in it, without allowing Dropbox to sync them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure why you're having an issue but I use Dropbox all the time in conjunction with Animate and it syncs everything just fine as long as the file isn't open. Close the file and it syncs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried with High Sierra (10.13.1) , fla files saved in Animate CC 2018 are syncing normally. Can you please share a sample fla with video elaborating the steps to reproduce this behavior?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it doesn't happen on your computer, then us sending an FLA will not change anything.

The issue is per computer, not specific to certain FLA files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this issue also with Animate 2015.2. Maybe this not only Animate Problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be that the .fla file is blacklisted for Dropbox on your account and they will not allow them on their servers. I've seen that type of behavior before whereby they will not allow .exe files to upload and so maybe since .fla files are in their own way code, maybe the error is on Dropbox's end if for some reason your account is flagged because you've had a virus and Dropbox is just protecting their servers? I'm not trying to take the blame off of Adobe but since it doesn't happen with everyone that may be the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works on PC and works using the web interface.

So no, FLA is not blacklisted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here… lastest macOS, latest Animate:

• Changed the extension to fake .flax, don't sync
  • Changed the extension to fake .txt, don't sync
  • Moved away on desktop then back in Dropbox, don't sync
  • Duplicates of the .fla files don't sync
  • Compress it, remove original, uncompress it… it works!

Wow…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you upload the files to a shared location and share the files with Prashant as requested? To send a private message, click the profile name and use the Message button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same issue:

High Sierra (10.13.1) , fla files saved in Animate CC 2018

"Compress it, remove original, uncompress it… it works!" - confirm, works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like I've stated in the original post, the ZIP sync works.

But you do realize that it's not a proper solution, right?

I can upload the FLA via the Dropbox website and it will work, but it's not exactly the correct workflow.

If I have to do a manual action to have the FLA sync, then it's easy to lose track of how long you went without a backup and so we go from a-backup-on-every-save to a-backup-every-time-I-remember-to-back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried reaching out to Dropbox support?  Contact - Dropbox

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course, I'm in constant contact with Dropbox regarding this issue

I also have a forum thread on their website: Re: Dropbox doesn't sync FLA files since I've swit... - Page 4 - Dropbox Community - 250615

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem just started occurring for me yesterday. It's super frustrating - especially since I pay for this service! The only thing I updated on my machine (High Sierra) yesterday was the xcode command line tools. Dropbox just updates in the background, I believe, so that may have happened... which makes the most sense as I've had Animate CC (2018) running for weeks and weeks without this occurring.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that Dropbox finally fixed this issue after 2 weeks in the latest version of their Mac desktop app!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

the best version of has been updated for Mac PCs, very useful for what you want some program to store your files we recommend descargar dropbox programa de almacenamiento masivo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines