• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Expanding frames without loosing synchronization

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am doing frame by frame animation and origonally had my frames set to 1 image for every 4 frames but I want to change it to 1 image for every 8 frames. I know that I can expand it by highlighting a layer and dragging it until the X2 banner comes up, however if I do this to mulitiple layers at once it messes up the the synchronization of the layers since not all the layers start at the same time. Does anyone know how to double the lenght of all the layers at ocne without messing up the synchronization? Thanks!!

TOPICS
How to , Timeline

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 02, 2021 Oct 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there!

Something I'll do to double the timing of a timeline is repeatedly pressing the F5 key, and then pressing the > key to go to the next frame. This will take a while on longer timelines, but by the end of the timeline you have it twice the lenge, and any syncronization shouldn't be lost from doing this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2021 Oct 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It actually doesn't matter that they don't start at the same time, but it does matter that they all have enough frames at the end of the selection.

Add some frames at the end, it could be empty frames even, just make sure every layer has enough frame 'exposure' to cover your selection. Once you do that the "expanding frames" function should work as expected regardless if it's tweened animation or frame by frame. For example:

This is a Bad selection, notice how the second and third layers don't have enough frame exposure to at least match layer 1.

bad.png 

 

This is a Good selection, all 3 layers match in length at least.

Good.png

 

They can exceed each other's length as well, it's only when there aren't enough frames that it causes problems.

good 2.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines