• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export for TV and Autoplay

Explorer ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I have done a small animation in animate and I want to be able to load to a TV screen and loop constantly. I have created the whole scene in a movie clip so that hopefully the loop works and that seems to be working but I need the exported movie to autoplay an not rely on someone pressing the play button or clicking anything.'

I export for Video/Media, let encoder do its thing, and then test it in quicktime. 

Can someone help me with these settings please so that it will just start playing.

Thanks

Tony 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2022 Aug 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your animation should be visible on the main timeline as you scroll across the main timeline frames.  that requires your animation to be on the main timeline, or be in a graphic symbol with the main timeline having enough frames to display the graphic's timeline.  ie, convert your movieclip to a graphic symbol and make sure your main timeline has enough frames.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you going to play the animation to the TV? If it is using QuickTime Player, you can choose View/Loop, and your single pass animation will repeat. If you're using some other video player, and if drive space isn't a problem, you could export the video from Animate for a given duration. Like, set it to export for 1 hour, and you would get a 1 hour video of the animation repeating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back to me. I am not sure how this will be played ona TV. How do youo normally do this? I have 2 files. 1 will all animation in main timeline. Then a second file with animation in a movie clip then put that on the main timeline. None will loop. If I test the scene from Animate, it loops nicely but soon as I make a mp4 etc it needs a person to press play each time. I am only testing on laptop but not TV.

What sort of file normally is used for TV presentations?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can connect the TV to your computer, you could do the test from Animate, and it would loop.

What would you use to play to the TV if it wasn't a computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How about getting it to autoplay? Without a play button?

I don't normally put animation or anything on TV, so not sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines