Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export to Video/Media...

Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2023 Jun 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

I am trying to export my AS3 movie in Animate to an MP4 video via the File>Export>Export to Video/Media link. I have the settings at Format: MPEG4 and Preset: Default (AME). Via other threads I have AME Renderer set to: Mercury Playback Engine Software Only.

About my .FLA

I have 1 scene with 10 frames, each frame has a MovieClip and the top layer has stop(); on each frame. Within each MovieClip, the last frame as AS3 telling the playhead to move to the parent scene, next frame (e.g., MovieClip(parent).gotoAndPlay(2);) There are audio files playing in each MC as well. The total length of the .FLA when saved as a .SWF or an .EXE is about 35mins and works great.

When I try to export to an MPEG 4 however, I end up getting a 5 second MP4 video with a static image of my .FLA background and I don't get any errors in the compiler.  I have tried a few different things such as exporting to Quicktime, etc. but the exports are only 5 seconds long.

Any help would greatly be appreciated!

Thanks,

Shannon

TOPICS
ActionScript , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 13, 2023 Jun 13, 2023

movieclips don't play in videos.  convert each to a graphic symbol.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2023 Jun 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you have any movieclips (as opposed to graphic symbols) on your main timeline?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 13, 2023 Jun 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, each of the 10 frames on the main timeline holds a movieclip sympbol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

movieclips don't play in videos.  convert each to a graphic symbol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I just want to make sure I am understanding. Do you want me to convert each movieclip to a graphic symbol in the library or should I change the symbol type under the Object tab under properties, or both? If I change the movieclips under the Object tab to be graphics, then no animation will occur that is in the movieclip, correct? Which, is obviously not what I want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just properties panel should suffice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So that is not working. I converted all the movieclips to graphics in the properties panel and published it and exported it to an MPEG4. The SWF and WinExe was just frame 1 (no animation) of my movie and the MPEG4 file was only 5 seconds long again showing my background image.  Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how long is your main timeline?

does it have enough frames to let all the graphic symbols play to completion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah so AS3 is also ignored when exporting to video. Okay so I made the symbols long enough so that the graphics would play out, but saw that it was going to blow the 16000 frame limit out of the water. So I broke out each movieclip as its own movie, then stitched everything together in Premiere. Thank you for your help as always!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines