Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting flash file as .mov but audio is removed

Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2014 Mar 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I am tasked with creating a video that will be hosted on youtube so needs to be a recognizable movie file format. However the movie is essentially just text and images so I figured Flash would be the best forum.

I have created my animation, exported it as a .mov using the file > export > export video > option and it plays well but has not captured the audio included. The published swf handles the audio fine.

The sound file is a .wav file. In Library I clicked properties and I can change compression to ADPCM which I read may work but alas no, same results.

Can flash export video and sound in the export video option? If not, what other package would be recomended for important this .mov file and adding sound to it? Has anyone else run into this?

SWF to Video converters are around but costly (without watermarks) and very buggy so I'd prefer a creative suite solution. I am using a MAC.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as this project is at crunch time!

Many thanks, Steve.

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Mar 05, 2014 Mar 05, 2014

Hi Steve,

Alternatively, you can set your audio to "Stream" under the "Sync" option in properties.  Then it will export with the mov from Frame 1.  When the audio is set to "Event", it won't export if it's on the first frame, like you discovered.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Figured this one out in case anyone else runs into it.

When exporting the export starts at frame#2 so if you move your audio track to frame#2 it will export with the video. If it's on frame#1 it will be ignored.

Doesn't make a whole lot of logical sense of course not much in life does so i'll just chalk it up to a nuance of flash!

from the help website... http://helpx.adobe.com/flash/using/exporting.html

Export begins at Frame #2

Depending how the Timeline is structured, the exported video can be a result of any of the following scenarios:

1. If there is more than one frame on the root timeline, the export will begin from frame #2.
  2. If there is only one frame on the root timeline, then the export will include frame #1.
  3. If there is more than one frame on the root timeline and ActionScript or sound is added to frame #1, it will not be called.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

Alternatively, you can set your audio to "Stream" under the "Sync" option in properties.  Then it will export with the mov from Frame 1.  When the audio is set to "Event", it won't export if it's on the first frame, like you discovered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay cool, thanks for the response Kristofer, didn't see that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! I Just solved my problem even 7 years later LOL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2021 Oct 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great!!!!! Lifesaver!!!!!! 😄 xxx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Man!!!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You just saved my life XD
Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lifesaver!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fixed my problem! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks you so much, I have spent hours trying to get my animation audio working.

All good now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2017 Sep 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks buddy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks dude.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked a treat! Thanks so much 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,Kristofer,

I have a problem, I try to export my animation with the audio starting at the 2nd frame ,,Event" but when I am done exporting I watch the video and the sound is really late and it is not syncing as it should be I guess

Help is really appreciated

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2021 Dec 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heya so I've been working on the same animation for a bit now and all of a sudden it just doesn't export with sound? I changed the audio to stream, it's on repeat x1 (not loop) and it worked before? I've also tried exporting from frame 1 and frame 0 or even frame 2, nothing works. Also tried opening and closing and rebooting. Still doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines