• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting to mp4 ruins quality

Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help a student out! Finished my midterm for my adobe animate class and I want to export and post it but no matter what combination of export settings I try, the quality looks horrible instead of the clean vectors I am expecting. Stage size is 640x480 but I'm scared to change it and mess up my entire animation since it is over a minute long, includes sounds and ai files as well. A bit too complicated to export as a gif right? I downloaded Quicktime and scoured threads on this subject but it was no use. I think what is happening is that exporting changes it to a pixel file rather than the vectors it's originally made out of and that messes up the quality but I have a hard time believing there's no way around this. Please can someone help me, I feel like I've tried everything and I just want to show people my animation, I don't know why it's so hard!

TOPICS
Error , How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

save your fla with a version number appended.  eg, save project1.fla as project1_v000.fla.  then everytime you change something significant, increase the version number.  that way you do not have any worries about experimenting and messing up one of the fla versions.  you can always return to the original project1.fla.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try...

1. File > Export Video
  2. choose H264 as the compression type
  3.  Use the drop down to select a compression based on your document type but the YouTube settings are pretty good. 
    export and let us know the results.

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines