Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Feedback on short animation

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just recently started using Animate, and have created a short animation that I want to use on my company's website. The purpose of the animation is to show the structual benefits (in a very simplified form) of using an integration platform as opposed to having many point-to-point connections between applications in your IT environment. 

I would really appreciate some feedback on the animation, along with some tips on how to make it a bit more lively or "professional looking". I have also encountered some technical issues - for example, I have struggled with the color of the ERP symbol - I just cannot make the color transition smoothly from red to white/transparent. 

Not sure if it is ok to post this kind of broad enquiry on the forum - if that's the case please point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Ad development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah I am not sure art review is what the forum is for.

for the red to white transparency, you just have to use the same symbol in both first and second keyframes, and make sure they are both red, and then use instance effects and go to the advanced section and lower the alpha. that should work just fine.

as far as your animation... its so fast I have no idea what is going on. I would recommend slowing it down and as each line crosses to show the path it should also show some text that helps tell the user what is taking place, or to aid in making things a bit clearer.

hope that helps,

mark

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simple, clear animation. Maybe add some easing (in/out cubic) to the ERP. As for the transition, hard to say without seeing how you set it up. Could simply tween to alpha as it moves thereby revealing the icon beneath.

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree wth Mark. As mentioned, the forums are primarily for asking about how to's or problems rather than feedback. That said, I'm happy to add to what has been mentioned before.

Looking at the animation without any context or knowledge of ERP, I'm not getting a better understanding from the animation. If there were labels for the icons, that could help. Slowing it down may also help take in what it is.

I didn't quite understand what the relationship of all the elements where and why ERP was in the middle. Maybe arrows are needed. For the second part when the ERP goes to the bottom, I did not undertand what the middle section represented.

Overall, the animation and movement looks smooth (although fast). It's just what is being communicated that is not all that clear. So think about who this is for and what you want to communicate. You can test it on other people you know.

Good luck with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback everyone, and sorry about the late response (been on vacation + having some login problems).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope the feedback helped inmprove your work.

Also hope you had a good vacation 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

no worries! Hope we were able to help!

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines