• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash CC - Drawing Tablets slow response

Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this new version of flash, When I drew quick strokes with a curve they convert into a single line as seen below.

Drawingdraw.png

I have tried a reset with having no other programs open and setting the priority higher.

It's a cintiq13HD and I didnt have this problem with CS6.

The things on the stage are meant to be circles.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 19, 2013 Aug 19, 2013

The update that contains fix for this bug is now available.

Please refer to the release notes for details on bugs fixed.

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash/release-note/release-notes-flash-pro-cc.html#Flash%20Professional%20CC%20Update%201%20%2813.0.1%29

-Sujai

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 143 Replies 143
Jul 17, 2013 Jul 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're still trying figure out a fix, and promise to keep you updated. In the meantime, you can help us by sharing your system details like OS version, Wacom device model, and Wacom device driver version. This information will help even if the suggested workaround works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2013 Jul 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wacom intuos 5 medium

Driver: Version 6.3.5-3 (march)

Edit; I just updated to Version6.3.6-w3, still the same bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2013 Jul 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue.

It's clear to me that the problem is not due to some lagging. Comparing Flash CS6 (where the same issue doesn't happen) with Flash CC, I realized that you have some distance you have to move from the initial point of contact of the Pen. While in this distance, nothing is drawn for some seconds and when you get away from this radius, it draws a straight line from the initial point to the point where you left this area. After that, all works normal.

As to the suggestion that the problem is linked to some misconfiguration I disagree as it works perfectly in Flash CS6. If it was possible not to have this glitch in the previous version shouldn't be a problem to have it working in the newer version with the same configuration, right?

Wacom Bamboo Connect CTL-470

Driver: 5.3.2-1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wacom Intuos 4, Driver 6.3.6-w3, Windows 7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2013 Aug 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

turning off the "enable press and hold for right clicking" worked for me on cintiq 12wx. No longer have any delay for brush or pen tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2013 Aug 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yay. Now I have a bonus issue. 

I was going to make a small video highlighting the issue I'm having with the brush tool in Flash CC.

I downloaded the Flash CC trial on my mobile workstation as I'm away from home at the moment.

My Intuos 4 tablet is with me however and Flash CS 5.5 is already installed.

In Flash CC, the pressure buttons aren't even showing up.

They show up fine on Flash CS 5.5 (see image below).

I've already reinstalled the Wacom drivers.  This is a Windows 7 x64.

Guess I'm not going to be making a small video after all...

What is going on here?

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2013 Aug 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seriously needs to be fixed, why can't it be released as a mini update or something? I doubt it would be that hard to do. What alternative do I have? This is the only program I know how to use for animation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue, I'm just so damn tired of drawing D's!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue has been resolved and the fix will be available in the next update of Flash Pro CC very soon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2013 Aug 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

waiting update!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 17, 2013 Aug 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no update, this is getting ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Pressure and tilt option do not show up as soon as you connect the tablet.But once you use the grip pen to draw,these options come up.There is another possibility(just in case) that options are hidden ,Could you please resize the tools panel and check if they are available??

-Sangeeta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 13, 2013 Aug 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like I needed to place my pen near the tablet.  As soon as I did, the 2 pressure buttons showed up.

I feel stupid...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 17, 2013 Aug 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried all that But im still getting the same problem, my Pen pressure and tilt are still gone the only different thing is that im using a wacom bamboo pen and touch tablet and my drivers are all up to date... Please Help!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 15, 2013 Jul 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.

I understand the software gets tested before it'll be published, but this is just plain bad.

The majority of flash animators use the brush tool for frame-by-frame animation so it is kinda big deal when the brush tool is'nt working properly. Please try to keep us updated about fixing this issue.

I am using the brush tool with pressure on. Pressure on/off does not make a difference, it still lags for about 1 second.

Workaround of 'uncheck ' enable press and hold for right button'' did not work.

Also, what is important to know that the pencil does the same thing. I think it is related to the way flash responds to tablet pressure.

Details:

Windows 8 64-bit

Asus N53-sv i7

Adobe Flash CC version 13.0.0.759

Adobe CS6 still installed, along with CC

I am using a Wacom Bamboo CTH-470 Driver Version 5.3.0-3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

i had the same problem.today i solved it.under wacom tablet properties go to mapping and untick " use windows ink". this solved my problem.

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@muratyazarcizer Thanks for sharing your solution. While this will fix the "lag", you will probably lose some data like pen pressure, tilt and eraser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what did you mean by losing pen pressure,tilt and erase?i tried the pen,pressure,tilt and eraser works fine.did i miss something?

edit : ok.i get it.in photoshop everything seems fine but in flash the pressure and tilt dissapair.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried your solution too. It works (mini hurray!) but pen pressure, tilt options go missing (not recognized) by Flash and the eraser end of the pen works like the brush.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unchecking Windows Ink works for me. But same issue of no pressure/tilt/eraser.

Wacom Intuos 5 - 6.3.6-w3 driver (June)

Windows 8 64bit

Dual monitors

Flash CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2015 Apr 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much man this fixed it for me, now it's really smooth and there is no lagging before strating to draw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fixed it for me!  Disable Windows Ink in the Wacom Tablet Properties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried everything I came across in this thread and the problem remains. It seems to depend on the document though. If I draw in a heavy workfile with a lot of movieclips, it'll be barely workable. In a new, clean document, it'll react perfectly. It seems to be a memory issue. Animate is using 70% of my memory and CPU use jumps to 40% when I draw a simple line with the brush tool. Smoothing doesn't seem to matter. So I'm guessing it's a performance issue.

Even though this is a brand new laptop with 8GB memory, an SSD, and i7 cpu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same applies to drawing out a simple shape like a square or circle. Just can't do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you updated to the latest version of Adobe Animate released recently. Many issues have been fixed with the latest update.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines